Senior Piping Material Engineer - Paris, France
Reporting lines and interactions
To ensure a successful outcome of the Projects entrusted to you, your main contacts will be with:
- Project Directors and Project Engineers,
- Technical disciplines: Process, Civil Engineering, Piping Design, Instrumentation, Inspection,
But also with Clients, partners, suppliers and construction companies.
As the Project Senior Piping Material Engineer on major contracts, you are in charge of piping material definition according to contractual requirement taking into account schedule and cost constraint.
Reporting to the Piping Material Lead and in parallel to the Project Management Team, you will be able to act as deputy of Piping Material Lead and you are able to be the interlocutor of the discipline for the Project and the Client.
As the Project Senior Piping Material Engineer on major contracts, your main duties will be the following:
- Creation of Piping Classes Summary (in collaboration with Process Department), Piping Material job spec for design and supply, valve datasheets, …
- Participate of Material Take Off: Working instructions, coordination, reporting,
- Issuance of specifications for inquiry and for order
- Issuance of Material Requisition for inquiry and for order,
- Technical Bid Analysis, Vendor clarifications and recommendation to procurement
- Vendor documentation review
- Solid knowledge of engineering processes for all types of contracts and more specifically bulk material management processes
- Good listener and advisor, can analyse and summarize
- Good decision making ang negotiation skills
- Must be self-managing, dynamic and responsive
- Must have excellent communication skills and work efficiently in a multi-cultural environment
- English : Excellent written and verbal communication
- 6 years’ experience minimum