Our client seeks a Senior Piping Engineer for a 12 month initial contract, Perth based,
- Experience with water pumps and piping including process, firewater and potable water
- Supervision of design team
- Developing project deliverable including drawings and contract scopes of work
- Co-ordinate designs with the broader engineering team and other project groups
- Experience in the Mining and Metals industries, preferably iron ore
- Effective communication skills
- Overland pipeline or dewatering system experience an advantage
- Co-ordination of Piping Designers to produce 2D detailed drawings for underground process water and firewater piping services
- Co-ordination of Piping Designers to produce 3D models and 2D detailed drawings for pump stations
- Co-ordination with other disciplines as well as Project Engineers. Do progress reporting, attend meetings for the scope.
- Tank sizing, nozzle selection, stair tower definition and managing vendor data
- Pump sizing, selection and managing vendor data
- Datasheets – Tanks and pump stations
- Scope/Specification Document Development for tanks and pump stations
- Ensure fire water tanks and pump stations and underground piping are designed/described in accordance with Rio Tinto standards.
- Ensure process water tanks and pump stations and underground piping are designed/described in accordance with Rio Tinto standards.
Please note: it is a requirement you reside in WA to be considered for this role.