SENIOR PIPING ENGINEER
Location: Rome, Italy
Contract duration: initial 12 month contract based in Italy, likely to extend on an expat basis to Abu Dhabi
Project info: Borouge 4 – Ruwais petrochemical plant expansion
Language requirements: Clear communication in the English language, both verbal and in writing.
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As a leading global provider of engineering, procurement and construction expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in Italy and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are seeking a Senior Piping Engineer to be based in Rome and support the Borouge 4 Expansion Project, at the Ruwais petrochemicals complex in Abu Dhabi. The complex will include the world’s largest mixed feed cracker with an estimated 1.8 million tonnes per annum of ethylene output and a production capacity of 3.3 million tonnes per annum of olefins and aromatics using a variety of feedstocks such as ethane, butane and naphtha from ADNOC’s refining and gas processing facilities.
This is a residential position and the successful individual(s) will be engaged on an initial 12 month contract basis in Rome, Italy before relocating to the UAE on an expat basis in 2023, to complete the final stages of the project.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
- Reporting to the PMC Piping Manager and works under his direction. during the EPC Engineering and Procurement phases.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of EPC Contractor’s Piping Engineering activities.
- Review and approve EPC Contractor’s work and ensure compliance with Contract obligations, Project specifications, relevant codes and standards, design philosophy, and Industry best practices.
- Provide PMC piping performance data and reports to PMC Management and the Owner.
- Provide technical guidance to develop new specifications and update existing specifications.
- Perform calculations for design validation and optimization.
- Review technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis.
- Provide Piping Engineering expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models.
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline engineers.
- Participate in analysis during EPC Contractor and Vendor pre-qualification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of EPC Contractor’s Piping Engineering activities and review deliverables including philosophies, data sheets, specifications, layouts, close out reports, detailed drawings, etc.
- Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
- Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring that a quality product is produced that represents ‘best value’ for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 12 years of working experience as Piping Engineer
- Previous experience in a PMC role preferably in Downstream projects
- Full understands EPC contractor progress and review procedures
- Middle East Experience is an advantage
- Should be a team player and fluent in English Language