We are seeking to invite a Senior Piping Designer capable of preparing piping deliverables on a contractual role with one of our clients in the oil and gas industry.
- Understands the basic technical requirements of project specifications and standards, local statutory and regulatory requirements, Classification Society requirements. Understands the applicability of codes and standards to perform piping activities and prepare piping deliverables.
- As part of hull marine activities, provides inputs for Conversion and repair specification, prepares rip out plans, machinery arrangement layout and piping arrangement guidance drawings for hull marine contractor to perform the work accordingly.
- Carries out pipe wall thickness calculation, bolt length calculations and piping components.
- Prepares bill of materials for piping bulk items (like pipe, flanges and fittings), valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts and pipe support materials. Provides piping weight inputs for weight control report.
- Prepares data sheets for process critical and non-critical piping specialty items and requisitions for piping bulk items, valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts, spring supports, cargo tank heating coil (marine), valve remote control system (marine)
- Conducts kick-off meetings with successful suppliers to enable supplier to execute the work strictly as per purchase order, reviews supplier drawings / documents and shares the relevant data with engineering contractor to get it incorporated in piping layout design.
- Works closely with suppliers / contractors concerned to resolve technical issues, visits supplier’s manufacturing facilities to witness the FAT, where necessary.
- Prepares piping routine layout, reviews piping isometrics and critical lines, machinery arrangement layout and piping arrangement guidance drawings for hull marine contractor use.
- When assigned to construction site, checks and verifies that piping supports are constructed and installed as per isometrics and support drawing details to ensure support functionality in operating condition. In consultation with Lead Piping Engineer, provides resolutions to piping material queries originated from the construction site
Qualifications & Experience
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with relevant years of experience.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience in piping engineering in oil and gas sector preferably in FPSO or Offshore processing facilities
- Is aware of applicable industry standards, Company standards, specifications and procedures related to piping engineering.
- Is competent in using the tools and software like MS office, AutoCAD, Navisworks required for
- preparation of piping documents / deliverables. Familiar with PDMS and/or CAESAR-II.
- Software: MS office, AutoCAD, E3D, CAESAR-II.