Overall Job Purpose: under guidance, to carry out piping activities and prepare and produce piping engineering deliverables for the assigned project (that may include short term assignment to Construction, Commissioning and Offshore) according to the specified technical requirements, timelines and within budget and identify basic engineering issues and resolve them.
- Under guidance performs the assigned task and prepares the piping deliverables for Lead Piping Engineer to review.
- Provides inputs for Conversion and repair specification, prepares rip out plans, machinery arrangement layout and piping arrangement guidance drawings for hull marine contractor to perform the work accordingly.
- Carries out pipe wall thickness calculation, bolt length calculations and piping components.
- Prepares bill of materials for piping bulk items
- Prepares data sheets for process critical and non-critical piping specialty items
- Prepares requisitions for piping bulk items, valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts, spring supports, cargo tank heating coil (marine), valve remote control system (marine) and performs a technical evaluation of bids
- Conducts kick-off meetings and works closely with suppliers / contractors concerned to resolve technical issues, visits supplier’s manufacturing facilities to witness the FAT, where necessary.
- Prepares piping routine layout, reviews piping isometrics, machinery arrangement layout and piping arrangement guidance drawings for hull marine contractor use.
- Reviews the isometric of critical lines
- When assigned to construction site, checks and verifies that piping supports are constructed and installed as per isometrics and support drawing details to ensure support functionality in operating condition. In consultation with Lead Piping Engineer, provides resolutions to piping material queries originated from the construction site
Qualifications & Experience
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with relevant years of experience.
- 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience in piping engineering in oil and gas sector preferably in FPSO or Offshore processing facilities for graduates, or minimum 5 years relevant working experience for diploma holders.
- Is aware of applicable industry standards, Company standards, specifications and procedures related to piping engineering.
- Is competent in using the tools and software like MS office, AutoCAD, Navisworks required for
- preparation of piping documents / deliverables. Familiar with PDMS and/or CAESAR-II.
- Software: MS office, AutoCAD, E3D, CAESAR-II.