Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Senior Outfitting Designer to work within their facilities located in Singapore.
To independently prepare and deliver the Outfitting design engineering deliverables required for the assigned project effectively and efficiently according to specified technical requirements and timelines. With some guidance from the Lead Engineer, to provide measures to manage and resolve technical issues related to the deliverables.
- Plans, manages and prepares Outfitting design scope of work which includes Marine & Topsides Steel Outfitting design arrangements, Accommodation arrangements, HVAC specifications, Corrosion protection, Fire Control Plan and Material handling arrangements.
- Understands the specific technical specifications and requirements of the assigned project, Industry Standards, Company’s Standards, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with bidding team in the preparation of work content assessment and estimate to ensure compliance with the defined bidding strategy and that a competitive bid will be ready in time for submission of the company offer.
- Plans and develops major Outfitting design arrangements (such as Vessel General Arrangement, Accommodation layout, Fire Control Plan, Life Saving Equipment arrangement, Helideck layout, etc.)
- Develops project outfitting design standard detail drawings based on company's corporate outfitting design standard detail drawings and modify where necessary to meet the project requirement.
- Develops major Outfitting design equipment technical specifications (calculations, drawings, data sheets, etc.) specific to the assigned project and validates them with the Lead Engineer before incorporating them into the requisition (RFQ) document.
- Evaluates technical bids received for major Outfitting design equipment from suppliers and performs technical bid evaluation process to ensure the selected supplier meets the technical and delivery requirements as stipulated in the technical specifications. Provides technical assessment to the Buyer who will follow up in the tender evaluation, price negotiation and award process.
- Conducts kick-off meeting with the selected equipment supplier to clarify issues and finalize the scope of the equipment supply for supplier to execute their work and deliverables.
- Reviews Fabrication yards and suppliers’ drawings and documents to ensure the Outfitting design items are engineered and designed for construction reliability and practicality.
- Attends Factory Acceptance Tests for major Outfitting design equipment to ensure the equipment functions as per specifications. Where necessary, liaises with the supplier to rectify outstanding technical issues and ensure the completed equipment comply with the specifications and delivered on time.
- Corresponds and deals with Classification Society Surveyor to resolve technical comments related to the deliverables.
- Participates in engineering meetings, project progress reviews, and 3D model reviews and tackles interface / implementation /execution issues, where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Works with Lead Engineer in closure of Outfitting design related HAZID / HAZOP items of the assigned project.
- Provides technical support and advice to Construction / Commissioning work on site and off site. Proposes measures / solutions to rectify the issues /problems when necessary.
- Is responsible for capturing lessons learned in his / her functional area, entering in MIMS, and closing out project related MIMS actions
- Provides guidance to Junior Engineers as mentor.
- Bachelor in Mechanical, Marine or Naval Architect Engineering or Masters in Engineering. Alternatively, Diploma in Engineering with relevant years of working experience.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in outfitting design or relevant marine engineering in oil and gas sector or shipbuilding industry for graduates or 12 or more years of relevant experience for diploma holders. For Masters degree holder, minimum of 6 years relevant working experience.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of functionality of FPSO
- Knowledge about MS office and Auto CAD
*We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified*