Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 7,000 contractors operating in over 60 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by LNG Canada Development Inc. Located at 400 4th Avenue SW Box 100, Station M Calgary, Alberta T2P 2H5 to recruit for the position of Senior Operations Trainer – LNG Process Field & Operations Training Simulator (OTS)
Location: The initial on boarding may occur in Calgary but the primary work is in Kitimat, BC
Pay Range: $50.00 per hour – $135.00 per hour dependent on work experience and education.
NET Retention Bonus: 20% of your straight time hours will be paid at end of each year. (No overtime hours)
Benefits: Camp and or housing provided. One business class trip per year to base country provided
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week, with potential for additional hours during start up
Term of Employment: Full-time
Purpose & Accountabilities:
Reporting to the Production Training Excellence Lead, senior operations trainers play a key role in identifying and delivering the simulator and/or field competence development requirements of all operations personnel in LNG Canada. Subject Matter Expert (SME) for LNG technology, LNG process control, panel operations, troubleshooting and optimization personnel in LNG Canada.
- The ideal Sr OTS & Field Trainer (Process) should bring with them deep skill in Field Operations & Processing of an LNG and the common facilities processes units, deep knowledge of LNG panel operations, FAT/SAT of Yokogawa MPDS, computer hardware equipment & software applications relevant to Simulator Functions.
- Op’s trainers will act as a coach to all new staff joining LNGC operations team and develop their professional competencies in line with the LNGC CD&A requirements.
During Project Execute Phase (module fabrication, pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up, ramp up)
- Work closely with EPC contractor’s training coordinator to plan and deliver vendor specific trainings for both field and panel operations area
- Develop simulator training scenarios for use during pre-start up training for panel Technicians and/or Unit Awareness Training (UAT), Unit Capability Assessment Packs (UCAP), SOP, LOTO etc. as per the training plan and competency requirements
- Work with Operations Asset team to produce the Start Up Procedure steps and register of authorized DCS operators and field operators thus ensuring only competent staff will execute work
- As and when needed, take up a panel post to support commissioning and start up activities
- Contribute to FAT/SAT of DCS and Simulator to ensure quality of deliverables
- Using the MPDS for operating procedures verification & simulating plant changes
During Operate (run and maintain) Phase:
- Develop panel and field operations competence development and assurance material for all panel areas in the plant as per competency assessment requirements
- Conduct competence assessment as an FLBM Assessor and certification of the trainees as per the training plan and recommend gap closure plans per individual
- Developing high quality and fit for purpose training material addressing the needs of both LNG and non-LNG experience operations techs as well as any additional skills required for CSU phase
- Deliver an intense training program to ensure all necessary training is completed in time for operators to start pre-commissioning and commissioning activities as per the RFSU block handover schedule
- Continuously improve the training material based on new knowledge obtained during the commissioning and startup phase and ensure training materials are kept up to date during operate phase
- Closely monitor individual progress and skill development against the Operations Technician Progression plan and provide timely feedback to supervisors
- Plan and conduct refresher training for the shift teams as per the plan, ensure refresher training scenarios are updated based on lessons learned from incidents
- Support causal investigations and incorporate learnings into the training material and communicate with all operations team members in effected units
- Monitor Employees Performance vs. Training Requirements and Targets.
- Act as FLBM (Front Line Barrier Manager) operations assessor and develop, maintain & update FLBM competence assurance material as per the CD&A plan
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 10 years of experience in LNG plant operations in oil and gas operations with demonstrated training and coaching capabilities.
- 5 years OTS training and/or development experience would be an asset
- Deep technical knowledge and understanding of LNG liquefaction process/ Start Up and Shutdown of an LNG Plant, simulating various plant operational scenarios will be considered an advantage
- Deep technical knowledge and understanding of LNG/Gas plant operations and process design with special appreciation for plant utilities network, Inlet gas pressure regulation and LNG storage and loading operations
- Experience with Gap Analysis, Classroom training, 1on1 coaching and mentoring, competency development and the assurance process.
- Good Knowledge of Technical Documentation utilization (P&IDs, PFDs, C&E Diagram and Troubleshooting)
- Deep Knowledge of DCS, PLCs, Instrumentation & Control Technologies.
- Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications relevant to simulator functions.
- Ability to express technical information clearly and simply to Trainees on Simulator Technologies.
- Experience in mega project environment and CSU experience will be considered an advantage (but not mandatory)
- Prestart up safety Review for flawless start-up experience will be considered an advantage but not mandatory
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in English
- Strong technical writing skills specific to engineering & operations systems and procedures.
- Design and delivery of technical training packages using Microsoft Presentation and or similar program for training requirements.
- Continuous improvement mindset and knowledge management capabilities
To Apply for this position please apply online or email
Danielle Moraes at email@example.com t: +1 403 532 9260