Senior Operations Manager – Quebec region, Canada
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by a renewables developer to seek a Senior Operations Manager based in Quebec to oversee operations on 2 large wind farm facilities.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Management and oversight of all maintenance and operation activities at wind farms.
- Daily review of site administration, inventory and procurement.
- Professional growth and development of employees.
- Responsible for 8-12 employees as direct report
- Basic understanding of power generation equipment and operational performance metrics.
- Experience working with current renewable energy technologies.
- Strong computer experience required, including but not limited to creating spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Software Programs and SAP.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required. These include contract execution, technical document review, business communication, performance reviews, and new document synthesis.
- Ability to work well with subcontracted construction personnel in resolution of issues identified in the field during that phase of a project.
- Basic understanding of power generation equipment and operational performance metrics
Previous education and experience required:
Bilingual. Fluent in French and English.
5 years supervisory experience in the wind energy industry.
Diploma in engineering/science/maths
Knowledge of standard wind industry practices, maintenance standards and condition-based monitoring systems.
Knowledge in electrical safety and arc flash standards OSHA 10 training
Knowledge of electrical code and OSHA regulations
Knowledgeable in all MS applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook