Our client, a major Oil and Gas company is seeking a Senior Operations Engineer to work in Mozambique for a 12-month contract subject to extension.
The Senior Operations Engineer is responsible for providing well engineering support to the Drilling & Completion Superintendent and Drilling & Completion Supervisor to ensure that all well operations are conducted in a safe technically competent, efficient and environmentally responsible manner. Responsible for interfacing with the Senior Drilling Engineer in London and the Independent Well Examiner to ensure that all programmes are understood, that there is alignment between programmes, Well Examination requirements and work instructions and that all operations are executed and reported in accordance with Company requirements and industry best practice. The purpose of this and all Company Well Delivery roles is to Safely Deliver Quality wells and to personally contribute to Mozambique skills transfer.
• Actively and visibly lead creation and maintenance of a safe working culture through the +People programme and ensuring compliance with Company and drilling contractor safety systems
• Ensure all operations are conducted in the best interest of Company and in compliance with Company standards and legislative requirements
• Ensure safe delivery of quality wells: in time and in budget, meeting the agreed objectives and quality criteria
• Lead by example in establishing and maintaining One Team culture. Facilitate and ensure close collaboration and communication between Company personnel at all field and office locations and between Company, drilling contractor and service company personnel.
• Collaborate in development of SHE plans, ensure execution of operations in accordance with Zero Harm Policy and Life Saving Rules
• Responsible for ensuring that operational work instructions are aligned with company standards, well programmes and well examination requirements. Responsible for raising Management of Change documentation where required
• Ensure timely delivery of accurate and comprehensive operational reports and data
• Focal point for reporting and communication with Independent Well Examiner during well operations
• Drive SHE performance monitoring and continual improvement, ensure delivery of SHE Assurance Plan and reporting of all incidents and quality investigation in a timely manner in accordance with Company requirements
• Lead by example in driving performance culture, continuously assessing operational efficiency, identifying and sharing best practices, improvement opportunities and lessons learnt
• Steward and verify Service Provider’s performance and continual improvement ensuring knowledge and performance management processes are followed, including advance planning meetings, after action reviews and lessons learnt
• Review operational programs with the rig, field and office teams as required
• Collaborate with Temane 3 Logistics Superintendent, Senior Drilling Engineer and Senior Completion Operations Engineer to ensure the timely arrival of all equipment and services
• Ensure coaching and development of all Company personnel including Trainees and Engineers in Training
• Minimum 12 years of international experience in drilling and completions engineering and supervision
• Extensive experience with land rig operations, horizontal drilling, sandscreen completions and workover operations
• Experience and understanding of cementing operations, stress caging drilling fluid systems, well integrity issues, extended reach drilling and well decommissioning
• Bachelors’ degree or higher in Engineering
• Valid Well Control Certificate (Supervisor Level 4 – Surface) required. Advanced well control training beneficial.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Exemplar and promotor of SHE values with a passion and commitment to high SHE standards
• Proven ability to lead teams and performance manage personnel including development and nationalization
• In-depth understanding of multinational work forces, and the ability to observe and manage human factors
• High personal integrity and emotional intelligence, understanding of human factors in well operations
• Ability to influence and challenge effectively at all levels with an open and constructive style
• Incident investigation, including implementation of RCA, Human Factors, and Just Culture concepts and tools
• Resilient under pressure and adaptable in fast changing environments remaining positive, and cheerful during adversity
• Independent problem solver who regularly demonstrates inception and results through a pragmatic approach
• Must be fluent in English and proficiency in Portuguese is highly valued