Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work in their facilities located in Rotterdam, Netherlands under a 1-year contract.
We expect candidates will have had a strong technical background in an engineering contracting environment with all aspects of mechanical equipment engineering. The understanding of the technical requirements of the project and directing others to apply this into the project is crucial.
We are looking for an independent mechanical/ project engineer who can develop loading arm concept for our Client. This should be a Mechanical Engineer/ project engineer with experience with Jetties/Loading Arms. He /She will be working on development of the Jetty end of Life Program and will develop, based on existing situation a new concept/design for the loading arms at the Jetty at our client.
Candidate will at the start be seconded to the client as part of the Project team under the client’s guidance and must be able to work independently in a proactive role. Leadership and take ownership is key. After the concept has been developed, the candidate will continue in the Define and Execute phases of the Program and is expected to prepare the requisitions for the new loading arms and other jetty related equipment. During the Define and Execute phases he will be part of our Project Team and report to the our Project Manager.
Main tasks for the first phase will be delivering report with investigations current situation and concept for the new design of the loading arms. Later followed by specification, evaluation and implementation.
This in close interaction with client organization, our Project Manager, Vendors and design team.
Due COVID, work can be partly done working from home with regular visits to site office Rotterdam.
- >10 years’ experience
- Experience with Loading arms/jetty systems
- Hands on, proactive and responsible, with good interpersonal and structured communication skills as independent worker
- Report writing and presentation
- Proven Leadership and coordination skills
- preparation of technical documents (preparation of specifications and equipment requisitions)
- involvement in technical clarifications with vendors and review of vendor documentation
- Team working and collaboration attitude; work, coordinate in multidiscipline/office taskforce
- Communicative, English language, verbal and writing, is a must, Dutch is a pre
- Knowledge of international industry Codes & Standards
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.