Senior Market Risk Analyst
Salary / Package: Competitive
Reports to: Head of Market Risk
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Maria Sant'Anna
Key words: LNG, Energy, Oil, Trading, PNL, London, Risk, Analyst, Phyton, Economics, Finance
Our client is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. They have a market capitalisation of €33bn and has a €70bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe’s largest natural gas Company.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Market Risk Analyst - LNG to join out team based in London. You will work on real-time front-line control and business information for the management and traders, including daily PNL, risk reporting and risk analysis. You will also participate to projects to improve the ETRM and support broader commercial activities.
- Produce, review and distribute daily PNL and risk reports and follow up any issue with relevant teams;
- Ensure that all risk limits are adhered to and assist in implementing new limits/reallocating existing ones when necessary;
- Assist in identifying significant risk drivers within the business, ensuring transparency with senior management;
- Maintain a strong knowledge of current LNG market signposts and trends;
- Support Front Office in new products and non-standard products approvals;
- Participate in the enhancement and development of ETRM systems and reporting platforms;
- Assist in defining forward curves methodologies for accurate mark to market and fair value reporting;
- Contribute to the month/quarter-end activities with Back Office/Accounting for the relevant portfolios;
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with different functions - e.g. Front Office, Back Office, IT, Planning & Control and Finance;
- Guarantee compliance of trading procedures with relevant controls and support internal and external audit requests.
- University MSc (or above) in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering disciplines;
- Relevant experience (4-5 years) in market risk/product control role from trading companies or banks;
- Strong knowledge of derivatives trading;
- Strong knowledge of the LNG market and its main dynamics;
- Good knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress testing and scenario analysis;
- Knowledge of one or more ETRM systems would be an advantage (especially Endur by Open Link);
- Strong and solid knowledge of MS Office suite including excellent Excel and VBA skills;
- Matlab & SQL knowledge as a plus;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Results-oriented approach;
- Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally.