SENIOR MARKET RISK ANALYST
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Senior Market Risk Analyst to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for an initial 12-month contract, likely to be extended.
Within this position, you will be responsible for creating and analyzing daily PNL & risk management reporting for commodity-related communications, measuring and monitoring portfolio risks, validating trades for precision and within arranged limits and ad hoc risk analysis. Alongside this, will participate help to improve the ETRM system.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Formulate and review daily PNL and risk reports
- Ensure that all risk limits are followed to and assist in implementing new limits
- Assist in identifying the substantial risk within the business, ensuring that they are transparent to senior management
- Maintain a good knowledge of the current physical Crude and Products market
- Support front office in new products and non-standard products approval
- Participate in improvement of ETRM systems
- Support the definition of curve practices for accurate mark to market and fair value reporting
- Contribute to the month and quarter-end duties with Back Office/Accounting for gas and derivatives portfolios
- Develop and maintain strong business relationship with different purposes
- Cooperate with the market risk team and promote knowledge sharing between commodity desks
- Set and monitor adherent to risk limits for the desk
- Secure compliance for trading procedures with relevant controls and support
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance and / or engineering discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in a market risk/ product control role from trading companies or banks
- Strong knowledge of derivatives trading;
- Experience working on daily PnL and MTM and understanding trader strategies for the Crude and Products trading desk.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Crude and Products Markets.
- Advanced knowledge of risk metrics such as VaR, stress testing, scenario analysis;
- Knowledge of one or more of ETRM systems would be an advantage (Endur, Symphony by Amphora).
- Able to communicate with senior management in Market Risk and to stakeholders