Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a "Senior Manager Technical Services" to work on a contract role in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.
Manage the Technical Services organization, consisting of engineers and technicians, to ensure integrity, sustainability, and reliability of The Company’s operated assets. Deliver continuous improvement opportunities by managing the capital budget and integrity portions of the operating budget.
- A member of the Operations Leadership Team with primary accountability for the integrity of The Company’s operating assets and ensuring the facilities remain within its current approved Safety Case.
- Assigned as overall Technical Authority for the KBB facility. Last decision maker before the General Manager – Operations on acceptable risk profiles and ALARP classifications.
- Champion advancement in performance of Safety Critical Elements and Operations Critical Elements to ensure the safe and environmentally responsible operation of The Company’s operated assets.
- Establish assurance and verification schemes for Safety Critical Elements so Safety Case and regulatory requirements are satisfied and maintenance strategies optimized.
- Owner of the RCA/Defect Elimination program and accountable for driving resolution to equipment and process failures.
- Accountable for securing external technical resources/SME’s as needed via TSA’s or manpower contracts to eliminate operational problems or to execute work.
- Manage the successful development and implementation of required support contracts including asset integrity management, engineering manpower support, fabrication and construction, subsea and pipeline inspection, and Safety Case verification.
- Define standards, guides and tools to improve the execution of engineering discipline deliverables.
- Accountable for appointment of Technical Authorities for the various disciplines.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of technology plans for all disciplines.
- Develop and communicate appropriate processes to ensure required roles and responsibilities are understood and implemented. Create and monitor KPI’s to identify and communicate improvement opportunities.
- Lead the interface with KL Project Engineering Team for major projects and interface with external stakeholders/shareholders on technical issues and resolutions.
- Manage the on-going recruitment and competency development of Technical Services personnel including technical and behavioural aspects.
- Initiate and lead audits to ensure the managed implementation of all key Technical Services processes.
- Create and manage all budgets and cost forecasts relating to the group and its projects.
- Engineering degree and minimum of 20 years oil & gas experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as second-level supervisor managing engineering or technical support functions delivering support to Operations across a broad spectrum of responsibilities.
- Capable to undertake the role of overall Technical Authority with previously applied experience in operations engineering, facilities engineering, control system engineering, and safety system engineering.
- Full appreciation of asset integrity standards, systems and regulations with previous experience leading an asset integrity organization.
- Experienced in delivering Process Safety programs and practices including SCE management, Management of Change, operations Integrity, and risk assessment analyses.
- Experience in scoping, tendering and implementing high value support contracts – regional experience preferred.
- Experience in the coaching and development of inexperienced personnel in an ethnically diverse environment.
- Experience in managing multiple technical areas (mechanical, process, rotating equipment, electrical and instrumentation & control).
- Experience in handling turnaround/shutdown programs and interfacing with integrated activity
- Experience with CMMS systems and work prioritization.
- Priority to Sabahan applicants.
- Malaysian applicants only