Overall responsible for the delivery of all assigned engineered packages through the project life cycle. Overall responsible for the delivery of all assigned engineered packages through the project life cycle.
- Act as the Formal point of contact for all communications with assigned Package Vendors after PO award.
- Established key progress measurements on the package to ensure focus is maintained on key engineering deliverables, issue of long lead procurement, tracking of sub-orders, manufacturing and testing.
- Establish & maintain relationships with the Client & vendors.
- Ensures that the Prime Contract is correctly administered, including agreement to the variations to the
- Manage Vendors/Suppliers to ensure that no delays or schedule/cost overruns occur, and where such impacts are identified, shall inform the project and assist in detailing actions to mitigate the event.
- Manage escalation process within greater organization including category management and functional management team.
- Manage all commercial Interfaces and ensure all parties are informed, issues recorded, communicated and closed.
- Ensure compliance with the Contract to deliver assigned packages.
- Monitors and manages the delivery risk profile & mitigation measures with assistance from relevant departments.
- Oversees the planning, performance and resource allocation of Package team personnel throughout the project.
- Drives the resolution of issues or conflicts between departments or the Client on designated packages.
- Liaise across project functions and relevant discipline engineers, to ensure the timely issue and completion of all necessary deliverables that impact package delivery.
- Monitor costs (actual + forecast) against budget cost on a continual basis.
- Ensuring the delivery of the key package activities adhere to the requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Manages formal correspondence and oversees the control of all related correspondence.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that company guidelines on safety and environmental issues are passed on to the supplier, understood, and adhered to.
- Provide leadership and commitment to HSES matters within the project.
- Ensure handover of vendor information as required by Engineering schedule.
- Ensure that all delivered product is fit for purpose in accordance with client requirements.
- Ensure that project execution processes are adhered to from preparation of procedures, readiness reviews and task plans to execution.
- Arranges and attends meetings with Client & vendors.
- Overseeing contingency planning and lessons learnt for the delivery scope.
- Liaise with project planner and fabrication team reporting and updating against baseline delivery dates and advising project management of any anomalies.
- Bachelor of Engineering, BSc or equivalent
- Minimum 15-20 years’ experience in Oil and Gas Industry.
- Ability to communicate to various levels of project management, departments and client on matters of safety, effective technical solutions, financial structures.
- Strong interpersonal skills who can lead a delivery team. Success of package delivery is dependent on effective interfacing across various functions (in particular Engineering, Fabrication, Quality, HSE, Cost Control, Legal and Finance)
- Project Management Experience.
- Proven track record in demonstrating effective leadership to deliver equipment in the Oil and gas Industry.
- Commercial and contractual focused. Successful candidates should have proven experience with contracts (purchase orders and subcontracts) terms and conditions, commercial negotiation and contract management.
- Proven track record in working in fast track scheduled driven environments, in particular in EPC environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where honesty and integrity are essential ingredients to succeed.