Our client seeks an Estimating Manager, working as a key player in a participation in major tenders, including submissions, negotiations, and cost estimates.
On offer is an initial 12 month contract, Perth based. Flexibility is also on offer. Potentially, this can be a long term role
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for portfolio performance and successful execution of Estimating team
- Engages in strategy, key accounts, pursuits and proposals for MMM sector
- Participation in submission and negotiation of major tenders. Contribute to feasibility studies. Prepares costs for estimates on a timely and cost effective basis.
- Liaison with external consultants in bidding for major tenders. Formulates increased cost projections for estimating purposes.
- Monitor current competitive prices, new techniques and cost trends. Contribute to feasibility studies in major projects to ensure all technical factors have been correctly assessed.
- Reviews all estimates prior to submission. Investigates and comprehensively reports on all submissions or contracts that have not met cost expectations or other requirements.
- Documents and regularly reviews estimating procedures. Develops and implements estimating procedures.
- Be an active Leader in cross business line and location initiatives including pursuits, resource capability, people engagement and shared learnings
To be considered for this role it is envisaged you will possess the following attributes:
- Extensive estimating experience, including ideation, benefits / value definition and realisation.
- Experience of successfully engaging with client executives, senior management and other key stakeholders
- High level collaborator, capable of linking available skills and experience of others to define a solution for a customer problem
- Strong commercial acumen and experience in all commercial contracting models/risk profiles and project scopes/phases with a focus on alternate commercial models.