Our client is looking for a Senior LNG Project Manager to work in Calgary, AB for a 12-month assignment.
Roles & Responsibilities
The experienced Senior LNG Project Manager will be part of Client’s Major Projects team, supporting the development, execution, and governance of LNG Projects, providing direct influence and detailed line of sight on project risk management.
This person will represent Client’s interest on development opportunities; day-to-day execution of projects; provide oversite on behalf of the Client's leadership for the execution of project post-FID through handover to operations.
Success in this role will be achieved by developing a sustainable, ongoing, trust-based relationship with leadership, project sponsor, project execution teams, and project partners in the safe, transparent, and predictable delivery of the project execution plan.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Reviews and provides feedback related to how projects in both development and execution phases are tracking/adhering to the project execution plans and all other aspects of project execution, including HSSE, quality, project services, procurement, subcontracts, regulatory and permitting, interface management, early works, site construction, logistics, commissioning and handover to operation.
- Analyzes situations, identifies, and forecasts pertinent problems and evaluate realistic options; and recommend appropriate course of action for projects in development and execution.
- Identifies problems and solutions in each phase - detailed design/engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, and start-up.
- Reviews and provides feedback, when appropriate, into the project schedule; the approved budget for services; the approved budgets for equipment and bulk material quantities.
- Provides input into proposed contract variations to ensure development and execution considerations are being appropriately reflected for projects being considered as investment opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM) project management or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to sixteen (16) years if non-degreed
- Demonstration of successful performance as project manager on a minimum of two (2) medium sized projects or multiple project assignments in a significant role on large sized EPFC/CM projects - LNG project and marine facilities project experience is preferred
- Has strong knowledge/experience on project design, engineering, procurement, material management, construction, commissioning, start up, turn over work processes, sequencing, and interfaces of LNG, gas compression and gas processing facilities
- Worked on $1.0+ Billion EPC projects
- Able to balance technical decision making with commercial considerations to protect the project goals, objectives, cost, and schedule
- Project Controls and Finance including understanding of:
- Scheduling (including manpower loading)
- Progress measurement
- Risk assessment and management
- Work breakdown structure
- Change management
- Cost control
- Estimating process and planning
- Understanding of project funding
- Experience with multiple commercial executions structures including Lump Sum/Reimbursable/Guaranteed Maximum price (Gmax)
- Proactive - goal orientated with the initiative to influence events positively and influence JV partnership for decision making
- Ability to resolve complex problems and to be comfortable in complex project or business environments
- Demonstration of innovation, initiative, maturity, and sound judgment
- Ability to influence a group of diverse individuals, each with their own goals, needs, and perspectives, to work together effectively for the good of a project
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, email, spreadsheets, and electronic presentations
- Certification in project management suggested, for example, Project Management Professional (PMP)