Our client, a major oil and gas company, is looking for a Business Lean Coach to work on a 12-months contract in Spring, Texas.
- Capable of providing advanced executive level leadership and organizational strategic direction.
Coach and mentor leadership in expected Lean behaviors
Assist business unit leadership in establishing the Lean system/framework, establishing key process metrics and measuring process improvement performance against targets
Assist business units and function teams with the development of SQDCP dashboards and utilization of dashboards for daily/weekly/monthly meetings
Challenge the status quo and guide leadership teams in the identification of improvement opportunities
Work with leadership to ensure that Lean objectives are properly communicated, resourced, driven and supported
Coach kaizen events, 5S events and other improvement projects with the intent of developing facilitation skill sets in employees and encouraging a locally led adoption of relevant application
Coach and mentor problem identification/definition, problem-solving methods and change management techniques
Assist in planning and leading local awareness activities and forums for continuous learning
Provide other lean training when necessary and contribute to training material enhancements
Work in tandem with advisors across the business, adhering to standard Lean tools, templates, methodology and messaging
Work with other Lean advisors to share lessons learned, identify improvement opportunities across assets and establish a consistent deployment approach
- May perform executive level job duties, such as establish and carry out departmental or organizational goals, policies, and procedures
- Direct and oversee an organization’s financial and budgetary activities, consult with other executives, staff, and board members about general operations
- Analyze financial statements, sales reports, and other performance indicators, identify key strategic opportunities to improve organizational/cross-company performance, policies, and programs.
- Expert in a professional field, generally with at least 20 years of experience relevant to the position, proven advanced leadership skills, rare/unique capability to provide strategic direction to a complex and/or large project (typically >$1G).
- Technical mastery of Lean, with a heavy emphasis on TPS and PDCA
- Significant structured problem-solving experience
- Experience leading 5S and kaizen events
- Demonstrated project/portfolio management skills and ability to work/coach multiple projects simultaneously
- Appreciation for and successful experience in driving change management
- Excellent training, presentation and communication skills - both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor
- Strong understanding of and ability to explain analytical tools and basic statistics where needed
- Proven ability to work well in team environment, with sound collaboration and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally with leaders on potentially sensitive issues
- Ability to combine initiative, integrity and professional discipline to accomplish difficult tasks through other people
- English language proficiency
- Willingness to travel to Business unit offices in the United States. May require substantial travel (greater than 50% of the time).