Airswift has been tasked by one of our Oil & Gas clients to seek a Senior I&C Engineer to work in Houston, TX for a 12-month contract position, possibility to be extended.
- Reports to the Instrumentation and Electrical Department Manager.
- Reports to the Lead Instrument and Control Systems Engineer on a particular project.
- Monitors and advises Lead Engineer and Project Manager of changes.
- Establishes design concepts and design data for scope assigned to the group and assures technical accuracy and conformance to project requirements.
- Prepares Engineering Change Request as required.
- Reports progress and updates schedules on particular tasks.
- Research suitable solutions and estimated cost and timescales.
- Trains less experienced engineers and designers.
- Generates Instrument, Control Systems, and construction specifications.
- Generates Instrument and Control System requisitions, analyzes quotes, manages PO’s, and reviews vendor documents.
- Independently evaluates the selection and/or modification of standard techniques, procedures, criteria, and systems to efficiently meet project goals.
- Applies standard engineering tasks and exhibits a working knowledge of applicable codes.
- Reviews and generates design data from various inputs.
- Performs the more sophisticated and complicated designs and calculations in accordance with established company standards.
- Coordinates details and miscellaneous design criteria with other disciplines.
- Supervises, checks, and assists designers and drafters in their assignments.
- Prepares and /or supervises engineering reports, studies, calculations, and checks drawings as required.
- Produces and/or supports the development of all types of Instrumentation and Control systems deliverables on a project, including P&IDs; field instrument specifications, datasheets, and requisitions; control systems specs, datasheets, and requisitions (including DCS, SIS, Fire & Gas, PLC, etc.); analyzer and analyzer shelter specs, datasheets, and requisitions; flowmeter and control valve sizing calculations; design drawings including wiring diagrams, location plans, installation details, loop diagrams, panel drawings, Remote Instrument Building layouts.
- 10 – 15 years of Oil & Gas experience.
- BSEE, BSME, or BSChemE.
- PE License with the ability to acquire PE License in multiple states is preferred or the ability to obtain PE License.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.