Senior Instrument Engineer
Location: Manchester or Stockton, England
Contract type: 12-month contract (possible extension)
Time Frame: Start ASAP
Work Rhythm: 40 hours / week (Mon – Fri)
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Key Words: Instrumentation & Controls;
Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. We are more than 48k of employees, present in more than 49 countries. Our goal is to deliver a more sustainable world.
Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity. Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with us.
Duties will include:
- Work activities will include both project and proposal work where both the technical approach and continuity must be aligned
- Work activities for both projects and proposals will be executed across all phases of projects including Conceptual Studies; Basic; FEED; Detailed Design; Procurement through to Commissioning.
- Projects and proposals are for process plant and facilities across the Chemical; Oil and Gas; and Power sectors
- Project work will include development of Instrument Engineering deliverables as required on a project by project basis
- Project work as the functional Lead Engineer for projects as required by the C&I Group Manager, or a Senior Engineer on a large project reporting to the lead Instrument Engineer
Assist the C&I Group Manager in:
- Developing corporate procedures, standards, specifications and the required design tools for compliance with the SHE policy and efficient execution of production work
- Defining the Development and Training needs for the discipline, support graduate and young Engineer / designer development
- 8+ years’ experience of Instrument Engineering on Medium / Large capital projects from concept to start-up
- Competent of working within the C&I Discipline of a contracting organisation
- Competent to Lead the C&I Discipline on Small Projects
- Degree qualified for the related discipline
- Proven ability for equipment specification and selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC contracting organization
- Competent in project execution using selected design tools and techniques
- Competent for budget & Schedule control / monitoring and reporting
- Competent in design safety, constructability
- Competent in the application, specification and requisitioning of DCS, PLC, and SIS systems, with experience of the system full lifecycle
- Experience in Functional Safety including, knowledge of BS EN 61508/61511, development Functional Safety Management Plan, participation in Safety Reviews, development of SRS/SIL Calculations and verification and validation activities
- TUV or similar Functional Safety Engineer qualification
- Competent in Instrumentation and Control requirements for Mechanical packages
- Competent in Electrical protection methodologies
- Competent in Specification, technical bid analysis and requisitioning of Field Instrumentation and Analysers.
- Competent in Sizing of flow devices / control valves / relief devices
- Competent in P&ID development.
- Experience on Battery Materials and Battery Manufacturing project
- Automation and Control life cycle activities
- Safety System life cycle activities
- Fire & Gas systems
- Familiarity with exSILentia software package preferred
- Experience of working with global integrated delivery teams is preferred
- CompEx qualified
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.