Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients to find a Senior Geomodeler / Geologist IV to join their team on a 12-months assignment (with possibility of extension) to work on their facilities in Calgary, AB.
- Support the Reservoir Characterization Senior Geomodeller by building fit for purpose full field and drainage area (DA) geomodels in Petrel to characterize and describe bitumen reservoirs within Surmont for forecasting, simulation, development planning and other specific project deliverables. Assist with continuous improvement and validation of geomodelling workflows.
- Utilize expertise in Petrel workflows to support geomodel database maintenance QA/QC.
- Utilize expertise in Spotfire to rank / compare geomodels.
- Provide project management support and subject matter expertise in Petrel Studio governance and data management.
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of our Reservoir Characterization core processes.
- Working closely with the Subsurface Team to ensure consistency and integration of the reservoir properties, stratigraphic architecture, and seismic interpretations into geomodels.
- Prepare documentation on models including presentations for relevant project reviews and milestones.
- Actively engage in the company's geomodelling networks and participate in assurance and reviews with other COP BU's
- Prepare documentation on workflows and best practices for knowledge sharing and assurance.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to start date
- Bachelor's degree in Geoscience
- 5+ years experience in the upstream oil & gas industry
- Direct experience with Petrel & petrel workflow management (5+ years)
- Experience in subsurface evaluation and workflow
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Spotfire experience will be an asset
- Geomodelling experience in SAGD or heavy oil