Define the extent by which the job is constrained by policy / procedure / instruction and the nature of reporting relationship with the supervisor, that is, the flexibility for independent action
- Geologist of the Reservoir Studies & Development (RDS) team.
- Transverse role with RMO team.
The main activities carried out within the role are
- Provide geological input for the monitoring and analysis of well-by-well performance.
- Use and maintain 3D static reservoir models used to underpin all reservoir development and appraisal activities
- Use geological models as input to development and appraisal well planning
- Integrate data from new development and appraisal wells into the geological understanding of the reservoirs. Team work with the reservoir team to end-up with changes in the static modeling compatible with the dynamic understanding.
- Participate in shareholder presentations related to the Shuaiba/Nahr Umr (information and validation processes)
Required experience as follows
- Must hold a BSc in Geology/ Geoscience. Preference also for and MSc or higher.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience required, with experience of working for an operating oil company preferred.
- International experience is recommended, in particular in the Middle East
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams
- Must have worked on carbonates and clastics reservoirs
- Significant exposure to the development / production geosciences
- Safety conscious
- Very good communication skills.