Our Client an International EPC Company are looking for a Senior Flexible Design Engineer to be based in Paris, France. The role will be offered with a long-term contract and a negotiable daily rate.
As Senior Flexible Design Engineer you’ll be responsible for Tender or Project execution, with support of 1 or 2 Project engineers
- Understand Client needs develop specification for Suppliers.
- Interface with project team, engineering teams and SCM
- Support the selection of the Supplier through technical evaluation
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to Flexible, subsea hardware and topside interface.
- Develop the documentation package and the studies linked to the sizing and analysis of the dynamic riser system / static jumper system
- Manage the design analysis, and undertake, and check others’, analysis, design and engineering activities associated with Flexible cross section, terminations, bend restrictors,
- Ensure design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API 17J, DnV, ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work, and Subsea 7 internal standard (BMS)
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
- Be aware of the Overall project / Tender planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
- Ensure progress and compliance of the supplier in close interface with SCM function
- Follow-up Flexible design activities, fabrications and testing.
- Ensure his/her work is performed in accordance with the latest HSEQ, DCE suite of documents and Group procedures.
- Provide engineering assistance during mobilizations and occasional periods of offshore or site working, including FATs, SITs, Pre-commissioning, etc.
- MSc or Phd in mechanical engineering/hydrodynamics,
- Relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent. This experience ideally includes in place design or installation analyses of Flexible and Flexible pipe design.
- You are proficient in FEA modelling and you know OrcaFlex software
- Fluent in English
- Technical expertise to Flexible design and fabrication process as well as reporting creation by vendors as part of a qualification program.
- Knowledge on installation, on bottom stability, routing, crossing
- Knowledge of Installation Analysis and Naval architecture would be beneficial