Reporting to the Project Procurement Manager, our client seeks a Senior Expeditor / Materials Controller for an initial 12 month contract on a 2 and 1 FIFO rotation.
About the role:
- Provide continuous insight into supplier's progress towards meeting purchase order requirements, particularly delivery schedules.
- Develop alternative and timely schemes to keep progress on schedule for project requirements.
- Ensure adherence with company and project expediting policies and procedures and act within limits of delegated authority.
- Work with buyers, engineering, planning, project controls, construction, HSE and quality to ensure purchase order requirements are understood and complied with by the supplier.
- Establish formal and informal communications with assigned suppliers to enable timely, accurate and forward-looking analysis of supplier's progress at meeting interim delivery schedules of supplier data, manufacturing milestones, material deliveries, testing activities and material and equipment delivery.
- Track supplier data information movement to and from the supplier, documenting the progress in the progress management system.
- Prepare or contribute to preparation of frequent reports detailing supplier's progress, problems encountered and solutions to maintain fabrication, testing and delivery schedules. Provide pertinent information to the supplier evaluation program.
- Assist buyers in securing and validating the information that supports the timely processing of invoices for payment, especially partial and progress payments.
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of a materials control system for the site and ensure adherence to relevant company and project policies and procedures.
- Using relevant systems, provide continuous control of all materials and equipment from receipt at the site to final installed location within the facility.
- Ensure safeguarding, preservation and maintenance of materials and equipment during possession and/or management by the company.
- Determine and report in ERM overages, shortages, non-conforming and damaged materials and equipment.
- Develop and implement plans to remedy discrepancies and negative impacts caused by these anomalies. Liaise with the project procurement team to report deliveries and any discrepancies.
- Identify surplus material and process its movement through the disposal and scrap process
- Assist purchasing and logistics in identifying, segregating and issuing commissioning and first issue spares stocks.
- Perform or assist in periodic audits of stores, warehouse, tool cribs and free issue stocks as required by company procedure or customer
- Previous experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, ideally within construction site or supply logistics operations experience.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet its clients needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams
Please note: Vaccine mandates apply for this role