We have a great opportunity for an Estimator to join an established traditional HV Power and Renewable Energy company. This is a Full-time Permanent position based in Ballarat, VIC.
This company is well-established in traditional power technology, renewable energy, and mining industries for their electrical technology construction, capabilities, and operation. They provide safe, end-to-end solutions for their customers across Australia and have strong long-standing relationships with industry leaders.
As a key member in a growing business, we’re looking to develop a proactive Senior Estimator who will manage the effective delivery of electrical estimating services and on-time delivery of tenders to secure design and construct, service and testing contracts.
- Effective management of the end-to-end tender process, including follow-up with submissions and seeking constructive feedback on both tenders won and lost.
- Review, prepare and ensure each tender is based on appropriate construction methods, complies with regulatory standards, is accurate technically and numerically, with adequate provisions for resources.
- Consider the clients needs and alternate options that offer benefits to the client or project at large, which can then be presented in a clear professional manner.
- Able to identify new opportunities or strategies that can be incorporated into a bid to give an advantage to our business.
- Contribute to decision-making process.
- Follow-up and respond to clients in a timely manner.
- Maintain forecast program and tender register.
- Be collaborative and inclusive with team members during the tender process, briefing the Project Team to ensure that the tenders’ fundamental principles, details and client needs are understood by all.
- Conduct risk analysis in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure tenders are submitted on-time and are completed accurately, confirming any clarifications, and including suitable qualification in the bid.
- Contribute to the development of new systems and tools to increase efficiency.
Experience and Requirements
- Electrical Engineering or Trade Certification.
- Current Driver’s License.
- Experience in a similar role on major infrastructure projects.
- Tertiary studies in electrical, structural, or mechanical engineering (desirable).
- Effectively manage your own timelines and work schedule.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience using Pronto financial MS (desirable).
Applicants must be eligible to live and work full time in Australia.
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
My client recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you have any questions please contact Tayla Jeromson by email Tayla.Jeromson@airswift.com
Airswift is a global workforce solutions provider specializing in oil & gas, power, infrastructure and technology. We serve as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.