Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek for suitable candidate for the position of Senior Environmental Officer to work within their facility in Brisbane on a contract basis.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage projects related to environmental assessment, environmental planning, environmental management and auditing.
- Undertake and manage projects related to environmental assessment, environmental planning, environmental management and auditing to agreed time, cost and quality objectives.
- Prepare environmental impact assessments and environmental license/permit applications.
- Provide expert or specialist advice, where necessary, to ensure project outcomes meet customer expectations, policies and goals and ensure appropriate application of technology.
- Interpret and apply relevant legislation and guidelines to ensure work is completed in accordance with legal obligations and is consistent with policies.
- Assist in the development and management of environmental systems, procedures, policies, strategies and standards of service and their integration with the quality management system.
- Lead and role model customer focus by working together with other areas to solve customer issues.
- Work in partnership with your team leader to agreed performance standards and mutual expectations. Give and receive regular feedback to enable performance to be improved and take personal responsibility for optimising your potential within Council.