Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek for a Senior Production Engineer to work in their office located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a 1-year contract.
- Responsible for routine well and reservoir surveillance, problem well diagnostics and rectification.
- Responsible for well and field production performance, production allocation, database management, Nodal Analysis, Material Balance, and surface Network modelling with PROSPER-GAP-MBAL.
- Identify opportunities for recompletion and workover to help arrest field decline and deliver such ideas to completion with the assistance of Reservoir
- Engineering, Operations, Facilities and Well Interventions and Drilling.
- Close liaison with well interventions, reservoir and facilities engineers.
- Production welltest planning, scheduling and interpretation.
- Routine PBU and PFO analysis.
- Assist in coordination of budget activities as required.
- Preparation of long term and short-term production forecasts to meet often demanding deadlines.
- Work with cross-functional team to define and update the field completion strategy.
- Production chemistry: work closely with the Flow Assurance engineer to determine best practices for production fluid and water injection chemical management.
- Regular field and site visits for sharing production and reservoir surveillance strategies and troubleshooting.
- Preparation of data for Corporate, Partner, and Regulatory reporting.
- Represent the Company at quarterly technical meetings with the Regulatory and Partners.
- Support the Management of Change procedures where applicable.
- Supervise all technical work, both in house and by outside contractors, related to Production Engineering.
Qualifications & Experience :
- University degree in Engineering, preferably in Petroleum Engineering.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, with a proven track record of problem solving.
- Experience with production optimization using computer software.
- Familiar with reservoir, completions and construction engineering.
- Willingness to travel to the field, both onshore and offshore.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written, is essential.
- Strong communication skills