Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients, and we would like to seek a Senior Engineer, Piping (Offshore) to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Responsible for all process/ non-process piping and pipe supports on offshore facilities.
- Participate and fulfill the technical requirements of the piping part along with the tendering process from the project strategy, shortlist until RTA.
- Lead the engineering contractor team to complete the piping tasks during the basic engineering, designed basis and Request for Quotation (RFQ) of the long lead items for EPCI package.
- Oversee/Supervise the EPCI contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, equipment/ material specifications, procurement strategies, procurement packages, fabrication, load-out, sea-fastening, transportation, installation, hook-up and offshore commissioning.
- Prepare the procurement strategies and participate in the procurement processes to obtain the most appropriated vendors to provide their materials and services. His/Her work includes the bidder list reviews, equipment/material specifications, evaluations, service orders/contracts, recommendation, vendor’s inspection and test plans (ITP), logistic and delivery.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of the contractors. Initiate and implement the corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from the project direction/requirements.
- Participate the hook-up and the commissioning work to comply with the specifications, procedures and codes/standards
- Report the progress of the work to line supervisor. Identify the problem areas and suggest the appropriated solutions/actions to line supervisor as necessary.
- Coach, motivate, and develop the junior professionals and share knowledge to team.
- Promote and ensure effective implementation of SSHE rules and engineering best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 12 years of experience in piping design, platform layout and piping construction
- Has strongly knowledge in the engineering/design, especially the piping material selection, piping components, pipe support, stress analysis, corrosion/erosion, welding, QA/QC, construction, PDMS and piping codes & standards
- Experienced in high H2S and high CO2 gas contents
- Good command of written and spoken English.
**Please note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted**