Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for a Senior Piping Layout Engineer to work within their facilities located in Singapore for 2-year contract.
Supporting the Lead Piping Engineer, s/he is to independently handle the piping activities, prepare, manage and produce the critical engineering deliverables for the assigned project (that may include short term assignment to Construction, Commissioning and Offshore)
- Works independently to perform the assigned task and develops solution to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issue or data, interpreting the analysis and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents and professional references with minimal or no supervision or guidance.
- Carries out the pipe wall thickness calculations
- Prepares the piping material specification, valve specification, piping design specification, criteria for pipe supporting and pipe support specification to ensure compliance with the project specific requirements.
- Prepares piping stress analysis specification
- Prepares piping standard detail drawing
- Prepares piping fabrication specification, piping insulation specification, flange management specification (bolt torqueing and tensioning)
- Prepares requisitions and bill of materials for piping bulk items (like pipe, flanges and fittings), valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts and pipe support materials.
- Provides piping weight inputs for weight control report.
- Prepares data sheets for process critical and non-critical piping specialty items
- Conducts kick-off meetings with with engineering contractors related to piping layout design.
- Works closely with suppliers / contractors concerned to resolve technical issues, visits supplier’s manufacturing facilities to witness the FAT, where necessary.
- Prepares equipment layout, piping routine layout, skid package interfaces and tie-ins for topsides, reviews piping isometrics and participates in 3D Model reviews.
- Carries out surge analysis for cargo offloading system, sea water lift pump system and fire water system, and reviews the contractor prepared documents and piping arrangement layout drawings.
- Reviews the isometric of all critical lines
- When assigned to construction site, checks and verifies the piping supports are constructed and installed as per isometrics and support drawing details ensuring support functionality in operating condition and provide resolutions to piping material queries originated from construction site.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in piping engineering in oil and gas sector, preferably in FPSO or Offshore processing facilities for graduates.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of functionality of FPSO
- Familiar with MS office, AutoCAD, E3D, CAESAR-II.
- Willing to be based overseas for project assignments to engineering contractor’s office, fabrication yard and project site.
- Understands technical requirements of project specifications and standards, local statutory and regulatory requirements, Classification society requirements and applicable codes and standard industry practices to carry out the piping activities and prepare piping deliverables for assigned project.