Supervise technical matters relating to mechanical (rotating equipment and packages) engineering works during FEED and/or EPCC of Onshore Gas Plant #2 which support the gas production from Project field, and ensure that the works are completed in compliance with the contract requirements and the reference specifications, design codes, and standards. The primary role of the job is to execute the Mechanical engineering works in design/construction/transportation/installation aspects for Onshore gas plant. Perform various activities including basic engineering or Front-End Engineering Design (FEED), procurement package and strategy, fabrication, installation, and commissioning, to support the construction of the major gas field development.
To engineer and ensure all mechanical systems for the projects assigned will be fully functional as intended, meet project requirements, cost effective and meet planned schedules.
Shall be responsible for the Project Execution covering all Engineering Phases from CFT development, Tendering execution, Basic engineering, Detailed engineering, Construction, Installation, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up.
Shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the followings:
- Responsible for expediting all mechanical engineering works related to rotating equipment and packages including engineering reviews and approval of deliverables from contractors and vendors,
- Responsible to ensure that all mechanical (rotating equipment and packages) engineering works are completed in accordance with the applicable contract(s), specifications, design codes and standards including COMPANY, CLIENT, and Government requirements and regulations as well as the Project Quality and HSE plan during FEED and EPCC.
- Responsible to assist and provide technical support in procurement of mechanical (rotating) equipment/packages and long-lead items.
- Responsible to provide justification to resolve relevant technical issues, technical queries, deviations, and discrepancies among relevant engineering deliverables.
- Responsible for coordination and communication with other disciplines, as a mechanical (rotating equipment and packages) focal point.
- Responsible for Material Handling Facilities, Methodology and Requirements for Fabrication, Installations and Operation.
- Responsible for ensuring the completeness of Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Modelling, Design Basis and Methodology to achieve the desired target.
- Participate and contribute to technical review sessions e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, ALARP, PTR, etc. as a mechanical (rotating equipment and packages) focal point.
- Provide engineering supports during construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning phases where applicable.
- Develop Tender requirement in the responsible discipline and ensure all scope fully captured as Contract requirement for the subsequent stage. Including to be assisting Tendering team to conduct tendering process until award.
- Monitor and resolve all Mechanical engineering issues surfaced at job-sites expeditiously for smooth completion of fabrication and installation.
- Ensure correct engineering as-built mark-ups for its discipline and coordinate with design contractor to update into As-built design package and ensure smooth hand-over of both engineering design package and constructed facilities.
- Accountable to the project Facilities Engineer for all Mechanical project works, status reports, reviews, assessments, evaluations and studies as directed suitable for the job position.
- Ensure control, diligence and orderly performance of all Mechanical work executed by contractors and vendors such that the project implementation will meet the project technical requirements and will complete within the project schedule.
- Specify all Mechanical requirements needed for the project in totality and strategize to prevent potential variation orders and potential contract claims towards the end of the project.
- Support Engineering manager in any special assignment may have during the execution of project e.g. assisting to review the work of Static mechanical equipment, Piping, etc.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering is an advantage but not necessary
- Professional certificate by accredited Bodies/ Associations is an advantage but not necessary
- Must have extensive knowledge of rotating equipment and package required for Onshore gas plant/refinery/petrochemical plant
- Have strong knowledge of Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Modelling, Design Basis and Methodology
- Familiar with international codes and standards related to rotating equipment and packages commonly accepted in the oil and gas industry
- Must have extensive knowledge of Material Handling Facilities, Methodology and Requirements for Onshore Installations
- Must have a good understanding of process and facilities design and production operations including a broad range of expertise on conceptual, development and production operations of Onshore Installations.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent in communication and presentation skills, coordination and organizing skills with ability to work with minimal supervision and liaise effectively and efficiently with other team members within / outside Department.
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Familiar with COMPANY and/or CLIENT operating and control practices is a plus benefit
- Stakeholder Management skills - Proven ability to build strong working relationship with internal and external parties
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Onshore gas plant and/or Petrochemical and/or Refinery industry as discipline engineer with proven track record in FEED, Detailed Engineering, Site construction and Projects management & execution.
- Experiences in FEED and/or EPCC of Onshore gas plant/refinery/petrochemical plant in the similar scale with Project field is advantage.
- Have experience in projects which have high H2S and high CO2 is advantage.
- Knowledge in features/applications of Digital Oil & Gas field operation is advantage.
- Experience in CFT development, Tendering execution, Basic engineering, Detailed engineering, Construction, Installation, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up projects of Onshore gas plant/refinery/petrochemical plant is advantage.
- Experienced in rotating and static mechanical design of onshore plant
- Experienced in FEED, EPC, Commissioning and Plant startup of onshore plant