The job holder is responsible for providing engineering parts of offshore living quarter and technical rooms to fulfill the requirements of pre-qualifications, call for tenders & bid evaluations and recommendations to award (RTA). In the execution phase, he/she shall supervise the FEED and EPCI Contractor to carry out the Basic engineering, detailed engineering, construction supervision, installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of offshore facilities including provide advisory/review for onshore building/control room, if may required. He/She shall coordinate and update the project progress to all concerned parties including shooting problems and suggesting possible solutions until the problem have been closed out. He/She shall ensure that all tasks are executed in accordance with the project strategies, project specifications & procedures, SSHE requirements, and within timeframe while maintaining the highest work quality level.
- Be a project focal point of offshore living quarter module including architectural, technical rooms, helideck and related utilities for Project development.
- Ensure the compliance of project specification, local and international regulations i.e. PEGS, PTS, SOLAS, CAP, etc., including safety philosophy related to H2S mitigations.
- Prepare and fulfill the technical requirements of offshore living quarter module and accessory to the tendering process from project strategy, shortlist, evaluation until the award.
- Oversees/Supervises the FEED and EPCI Contractors to carry out the FEED, detailed engineering, equipment/ material specifications, procurement strategy, etc. Participating key workshops related to living quarter and related utilities design such as HAZID, HAZOP, HFE, PTR, etc.
- Responsible to provide technical support, review design and specification of Living quarter, control Room, helideck and other life saving unit e.g. temporary refuge including its utility system e.g. HVAC, plumbing, lighting, etc.
- Ensure selection of all Architectural material, colors and furnishing
- Responsible to provide justification to resolve relevant technical issues, technical queries, deviations, and discrepancies among relevant engineering deliverables.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of the contractors and ensure that all contract and specification requirements is fulfilled. Initiate and implement the corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from the project direction/requirements.
- Participate the hook-up and the commissioning work to comply with the specifications, procedures and codes/standards
- Report the progress of the works to a line supervisor. Identifies the problem areas, solving and suggests the appropriated solutions/actions to a line supervisor as necessary.
- Promote and ensure effective implementation of SSHE rules and engineering best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Civil/ Engineering or related fields
- Minimum of 20 years of experience in Offshore living quarter as discipline engineer with proven track record in FEED, Detailed Engineering, Transportation, Installation, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning
- Experience in high pressure field and/or extreme hazardous environment is preferable
- Have extensive knowledge and familiar with all related design codes
- Experiences as Company Site Representative and/or field engineer during construction and commissioning.
- Experiences in project in Malaysia and understanding local regulation/requirement are preferable
- Familiar with COMPANY and/or CLIENT operating and control practices is a plus benefit
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Has Understanding in procurement process is preferable
- Good communication skills to liaise well with customer and government agencies
- Excellent in communication and presentation skills, coordination and organizing skills with ability to work with minimal supervision and liaise effectively and efficiently with other team members within / outside Department.
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Stakeholder Management skills - Proven ability to build strong working relationship with internal and external parties
Experienced in Offshore LQ engineering and construction in FEED, EPC, Commissioning and Plant startup