Responsible for interfacing and coordinating works for both Offshore Facilities and Onshore Gas Plant 2 (OGP2) projects starting from FEED/EPC tendering until completion of FEED/EPC execution, i.e. Basic engineering design, Detailed engineering design, Procurement, construction & pre-commissioning, commissioning, plant performance test and handover to operation.
The job holder also interfaces, coordinates and manages multi-disciplinary engineers, contractors, vendors, JV partners, Government authorities, Community, nearby Plant, and so on, to deliver the projects in accordance to Company technical requirement, schedule and budget. He/she also be responsible to monitor and highlight if there is any potential interface issue throughout the project execution including to propose/implement the practical solution.
The Senior Interface engineer shall be responsible for the Project interface covering all Engineering Phases from CFT development, Bidding execution, Basic engineering, Detailed engineering, Procurement, Construction, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning, Start-up and Performance test of Offshore Facilities and Onshore Gas Plant 2 (OGP2).
The Senior Interface Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the followings:
- Be a project focal point to develop project coordination and interface plan both among Project team and External parties.
- Ensure the effective coordinating interfaces between Company offshore facilities and OGP2 with Project team and external parties e.g. nearby Plants, Communities, JV partners, etc.
- Ensure alignment of design information share/exchange between two Project teams in timely manner.
- Facilitate meeting, workshop, coordination between Client project team, Asset, JV partner, government authority, Contractor, Supplier, Operation, Maintenance, Community, nearby Plant, etc.
- Responsible to provide justification to resolve relevant project interface issues.
- Participate and contribute to technical review sessions e.g. Risk assessment, HAZID, Project Technical Review, etc. as a project interface focal point.
- Identify the need for and ensure appropriate reviews and audits are implemented to support assurance of interface management performance.
- Tracking and expediting critical equipment and materials with support from Cost and Planning engineer.
- Provide interface supports during bidding, engineering, procurement, logistic, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning phases to project engineers, where applicable.
- Monitor and resolve any project interface issues surfaced at job-sites expeditiously for smooth completion of construction and Plant performance test.
- Work with Project engineer to ensure proper Final documentation handover and punch list clearance prior handing over to Operation.
- Provide regular report to the Project Service Manager and establish a daily routine with the Project Service Manager on all project interface issues.
- Support Project Service Manager in any special assignment may have during the execution of project.
Professional Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field
- Master Degree is advantage but not necessary
Desired Competency (Skills and Abilities)
- Familiar with international codes and standards commonly accepted in the oil and gas industry including to related local regulations for offshore and onshore facilities.
- Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with the development of oil and gas projects.
- Stakeholder Management skills - Proven ability to build strong working relationship with internal and external parties
- Very good in communication, coordination and organizing skills with ability to work with minimal supervision and liaise effectively and efficiently with other team members within / outside Department.
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills, integrity and problem solving in complex project and business environments.
- Must have good knowledge of project management and Capital project life cycle.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Offshore Oil&Gas.
- Experiences in FEED/EPC for Offshore or Onshore facility in the similar scope/scale with Company project.
- Experiences in interface management and stakeholder management e.g. Asset, JV Partner, Government authority, etc.
Additional Desirable Qualifications : (please specify, if any)
- Experiences in executed any project in Sarawak area is advantage.
Experienced in project management of Offshore and Onshore EPC project
Have strong understanding in full project life cycle from FEED, EPC, Commissioning and Plant startup