Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Senior Interface Engineer to work in their office located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for a 2-year contract.
The Senior Interface Engineer shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the followings:
- Be a project focal point to develop project coordination and interface plan both among Project team and External parties.
- Ensure the effective coordinating interfaces between offshore facilities with Project team and external parties e.g. nearby Plants, Communities, JV partners, etc.
- Ensure alignment of design information share/exchange between two Project teams in timely manner.
- Facilitate meeting, workshop, coordination between Client project team, Asset, JV partner, government authority, Contractor, Supplier, Operation, Maintenance, Community, nearby Plant, etc.
- Responsible to provide justification to resolve relevant project interface issues.
- Participate and contribute to technical review sessions e.g. Risk assessment, HAZID, Project Technical Review, etc. as a project interface focal point.
- Identify the need for and ensure appropriate reviews and audits are implemented to support assurance of interface management performance.
- Tracking and expediting critical equipment and materials with support from Cost and Planning engineer.
- Provide interface supports during bidding, engineering, procurement, logistic, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning phases to project engineers, where applicable.
- Monitor and resolve any project interface issues surfaced at job-sites expeditiously for smooth completion of construction and Plant performance test.
- Work with Project engineer to ensure proper Final documentation handover and punch list clearance prior handing over to Operation.
- Provide regular report to the Project Service Manager and establish a daily routine with the Project Service Manager on all project interface issues.
- Support Project Service Manager in any special assignment may have during the execution of project.
Background Profile :
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field. Master’s Degree is advantage but not necessary
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Offshore Oil&Gas.
- Experiences in FEED/EPC for Offshore or Onshore facility
- Experiences in executed any project in Sarawak area is advantage
- Experiences in interface management and stakeholder management e.g. Asset, JV Partner, Government authority, etc.
- Familiar with international codes and standards commonly accepted in the oil and gas industry including to related local regulations for offshore and onshore facilities.
- Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with the development of oil and gas projects.
- Stakeholder Management skills - Proven ability to build strong working relationship with internal and external parties
- Very good in communication, coordination and organizing skills with ability to work with minimal supervision and liaise effectively and efficiently with other team members within / outside Department.
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills, integrity and problem solving in complex project and business environments.
- Must have good knowledge of project management and Capital project life cycle.