Senior Engineer, Instrumentation (Onshore)
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Contract: 1-2 years renewable (direct contract with Client)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Salary / Package: Monthly salary in MYR
Supervise technical matters relating to Instrument & Control engineering works during FEED and/or EPCC of Onshore Gas Plant which supports the gas production and ensures that the works are completed in compliance with the contract requirements and the reference specifications, design codes, and standards. The primary role of the job is to lead Instrument & Control engineering in the design / construction / transportation / installation aspects for Onshore gas plant. Performs various activities including basic engineering or Front-End Engineering Design (FEED), procurement package and strategy, fabrication, installation, and commissioning, to support the construction of the major gas development.
To engineer and ensure all instrumentations, control systems for the projects assigned will be fully functional as intended, meet project requirements, cost effective and meet planned schedules.
Shall be responsible for the Project Execution covering all Engineering Phases from CFT development, Tendering execution, Basic engineering, Detailed engineering, Construction, Installation, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up.
Shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the followings:
- Responsible for expediting all Instrument & Control engineering works including engineering reviews and approval of deliverables from contractors and vendors,
- Responsible to ensure that all Instrument & Control engineering works are completed in accordance with the applicable contract(s), specifications, design codes and standards including COMPANY, PETRONAS, and Government requirements and regulations as well as the Project Quality and HSE plan during FEED and EPCC.
- Responsible to provide technical support in procurement of Instrument & Control equipment/materials when required.
- Responsible to provide justification to resolve relevant technical issues, technical queries, deviations, and discrepancies among relevant engineering deliverables.
- Responsible for coordination and communication with other disciplines, as an Instrument & Control focal point.
- Review Material Handling Facilities, Methodology and Requirements for Fabrication, Installations and Operation.
- Participate and contribute to technical review sessions e.g. HAZID, ALARP, PTR, etc. as an Instrument & Control focal point.
- Provide engineering support during construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning phases where applicable.
- Develop Tender requirements in the responsible discipline and ensure all scopes are fully captured as Contract requirements for the subsequent stage. Including to be assisting Tendering team to conduct tendering process until award.
- Monitor and resolve all Instrument & Control engineering issues surfaced at job sites expeditiously for smooth completion of fabrication and installation.
- Ensure correct engineering as-built mark-ups for its discipline and coordinate with design contractor to update into As-built design package and ensure smooth hand-over of both engineering design package and constructed facilities.
- Accountable to the project Facilities Engineer for all Instrument & Control project works, status reports, reviews, assessments, evaluations and studies as directed suitable for the job position.
- Ensure control, diligence and orderly performance of all Instrument & Control work executed by contractors and vendors such that the project implementation will meet the project technical requirements and will complete within the project schedule.
- Specify all Instrument & Control requirements needed for the project in totality and strategize to prevent potential variation orders and potential contract claims towards the end of the project.
- Support Engineering manager in any special assignment may have during the execution of project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instrument or Control Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree in Instrument, Control System or Automation is an advantage but not necessary
- Professional certificate by accredited Bodies/ Associations is an advantage but not necessary
Desired Competency (Skills and Abilities)
- Must have a good understanding of process and facilities design and production operations including a broad range of expertise in conceptual, basic design development, detail design development, construction/installation, commission / startup and production operations of Onshore gas plant / refinery / petrochemical plant
- Must have extensive knowledge of Instrument & Control equipment and package required for Onshore gas plant / refinery / petrochemical plant
- Conversant with ASME/ANSI, API, ATEX, ISO, IEC, AGA, GPA, NEC, NFPA, ITU and other international codes and standards applicable for Instrumentation Control System design
- Proficient in design and selection of Field Instrument, Control Valve, Safety Valve, Wellhead Control Panel, Metering System, Online Analysers, Fire and Gas Detectors, ICSS, PLC, SCADA system, Microwave/Radio System, Satellite System, Fibre optic communication, and Wire &Wireless communication
- Knowledge in Intools (Smart Plant Instrument) Software and exSILentia Software
- Extensive experience in SIL classification, SIL verification and SIF design
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, coordination and organizing skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision and liaise effectively and efficiently with other team members within / outside Department.
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Stakeholder Management skills - Proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external parties
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Onshore gas plant and/or Petrochemical and/or Refinery industry as a discipline engineer with a proven track record in FEED, Detailed Engineering, Site construction and Projects management & execution.
- Experiences in FEED and/or EPCC of Onshore gas plant/refinery/petrochemical plant.
- Have experience in projects which have high H2S and high CO2 is an advantage.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Knowledge of features/applications of Digital Oil & Gas field operation is an advantage.
- Conversant with related international codes and standards applicable for Telecom System design
- Proficient in design and selection of Telecom network/devices, Microwave / Radio System, Satellite System, Fibre optic communication, and Wire &Wireless communication, etc.
- Experience in CFT development, Tendering execution, Basic engineering, Detailed engineering, Construction, Installation, Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up projects of Onshore gas plant/refinery/petrochemical plant is advantage.
- Experienced in instrumentation of onshore plant including Fiscal metering.
- Experienced in FEED, EPC, Commissioning and Plant startup of onshore plant.