Senior Engineer, Electrical (Onshore)
Location: Kuala Lumpur (Office based)
Contract: 1-2 years renewable (direct hire fixed-term contract with Client)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Salary / Package: Monthly salary in MYR
Senior Engineer, Electrical is responsible for design of electrical and power systems for onshore development during the conceptual and basic engineering phases.
He/She shall provide the engineering supports to fulfill the requirements of pre-qualifications, call for tenders & bid evaluations and recommendations to award (RTA).
In the execution phase, he/she shall supervise the Engineering Procurement Construction & Installation (EPCI) contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, procurement packages (valves, meters, transmitters, switches, control panels, analyzers, gauges and etc.), instrument support fabrication, equipment installation, Test-run, and pre-commissioning/ commissioning.
He/She shall ensure that all tasks are executed in accordance with the project strategies, project specifications & procedures, SSHE requirements, and within a timeframe while maintaining the highest work quality level.
- Responsible for design of electrical and power systems for onshore development during the conceptual and basic engineering phases.
- Participate and fulfill technical requirements of electrical and power systems along with the tendering process from the project strategy, shortlist until RTA.
- Supervise the EPCI Contractor to carry out the detailed engineering, equipment/ material specifications, procurement strategies, procurement packages, fabrication, functional test, installation, pre-commissioning/ commissioning and system tests.
- Verify the interfaces with the process, instrument, gas pipeline, safety, and machinery equipment.
- Prepare the procurement strategies and participate in the procurement processes to obtain the most appropriated vendors to provide their equipment, materials and services. His/Her work includes the bidder list review, equipment/material specification and evaluation, service order/contract recommendation, vendor’s inspection and test plan (ITP), logistics and delivery.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of the contractors. Initiate and implement the corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from the project direction/requirements.
- Participate in the hook-up and the commissioning work to comply with the specifications, procedures and codes/standards.
- Report the progress of the construction/modification works to line supervisor. Identify the problem areas and suggest the appropriated solutions/actions to line supervisor as necessary.
- Coach, motivate, and develop the junior professionals and share knowledge to team.
- Promote and ensure an effective implementation of SSHE rules and engineering best practices.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Power Systems or any related fields
- At least 12 years of working experience in similar or related functions
- Experienced in electrical and power system design of onshore plant
- Experienced in FEED, EPC, Commissioning and Plant start up of onshore plant
- Offshore and/or Onshore electrical design experience, Power supply sizing, ECS, UPS, Switchgear design, etc.
- Experienced in high H2S and high CO2 gas contents
- Has strong knowledge in the engineering/design and construction
- Good computer skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Good communication skills to liaise well with customer and government agencies