Responsible for all drilling engineering duties. Work on an integrated development team with drilling, completions, sub-sea, subsurface and construction. Responsible for delivery of well objectives and for ensuring the correct and safe implementation of all operations procedures.
- Support in meeting well delivery requirements to meet production goals in a safe cost effective manner.
- Ensure COMPANY and CLIENT HSE and safe practices are adhered to throughout all drilling operations and interfaces.
- Plan, Engineer, Procure and optimize well plans for drilling wells.
- Prepare well AFEs, monitor daily drilling costs, benchmark performance and insure accurate cost reporting and allocation.
- Conduct risk review, interface management and contingency planning of well plans.
- Work closely with the Drilling Team Leader and the Wellsite Supervisor in the execution phase of drilling operations and in Exploration.
- Rotate offshore for a period of time to become familiar with COMPANY shallow water drilling operations, practices and critical interfaces.
- Work closely with the KL and Material and Logistics Team to ensure effective communication, planning and operations support is achieved at the well-site.
- Primary contact for Drilling Foreman on day to day operations.
- Responsible for operations and technical support to the Drilling Foreman from the office and in the field when required.
- Help, plan and lead DEWOP and Spud Meetings for drilling operations.
- Be familiar with and ensure all PDO guidelines are followed, also responsible for CLIENT reporting and approvals for operations.
- Completion of Drilling End of Well reports within 4 weeks of the end of operations.
- Communicate and work closely with the Completions, Sub-sea, Pipelines and Project Engineering.
- Communicate with partners and keep them informed of plans and ongoing operations.
- Direct and organize, in emergency situations, the necessary means to safeguard personnel, equipment, the environment, and the well-bore, according to existing plans.
- Responsible for ensuring that all regulatory permits are obtained prior to commencing any well operation.
- Advise on-site rig supervisors on non-routine procedures and assist them in emergency situations.
- Maintain contact with contractors onshore to inform them of the operational status and to discuss the drilling program and other operational matters.
- Lead pre-spud and post well review meetings.
- Provide drilling and completions input to field development plans.
- Provide assistance to deepwater drilling team(s) as required.
As provided/assigned by Drilling Superintendent / Drilling Manager.
- Reporting to Drilling Team Leader / Drilling Manager and advising on geophysical aspects of field development and reserves / equity issues.
- Liaise with other Appraisal Team members and extended team members in drilling, facilities and other subsurface disciplines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Engineering (Basic Degree/Diploma etc)
- 5 – 10 years in Rig Related Operations, preference for experience in offshore well design and execution.
- 3 – 5 years experience in drilling operations utilizing jack-up, tender, platform, semi and drill-ship units.
- MS Office Products, DIMMS, Stress check