Location: Houston, TX
Salary: Approx. $90,000 base salary (negotiable), benefits including medical/dental insurance, 401K matching, relocation expenses, 10% bonus
Keywords: Engineer, mechanical, reciprocating compressor, diaphragm compressor, hydrogen compression, oil and gas, chemical
A global manufacturer and service provider that offers a diverse range of compression technologies and services is seeking to expand its new product development team. The customer-specific compression systems are used in the areas: of oil and gas production, gas transport and storage, refinery, chemical and petrochemical as well as in industrial gas applications. This global company supports its customers around the world with compression solutions tailored to their needs.
Senior Engineer will be responsible for design and analysis of high-pressure positive displacement compression equipment. The responsibilities are based on developing controls methodology, valves, and conducting dynamic analysis of the flow system.
- Minimum of Masters of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering,
- Minimum of 3 years of experience related to design of high-pressure positive displacement compressors.
- Strong understanding of dynamic flow system dynamics required
- Expert in cycle and dynamic simulations required
- Experience with 3D CAD system
- Strong knowledge of high-pressure (>200 bar) positive displacement machinery required
- Ability to troubleshoot both design and field related problems as they occur
- Experience with high pressure hydrogen containment required
- Proficiency in C/C++ desired
- Proficiency with MATLAB/Simulink desired
- Proficiency with ASME BPVC standards
- Ability to perform analysis for fluid-structure interaction
- Establishing the control methodology for custom designed high-pressure positive displacement compression equipment,
- Dedication to meet important key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
- Perform engineering analyses, and create 3D CAD models
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Conduct design reviews of drawings and bills of materials for new designs
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Produce written reports and make presentations
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.