Senior Electrical Engineer - Offshore Wind
Key Skills: Electrical Engineering & Cable Routing
Contract: This is a 12 month contract
Salary / Package: Negotiable, competitive hourly rate outside of IR35.
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget, and interviews can be held within 2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Amy Spink
Key words: Developer, EPC Experience, Operator Experience, Substation, Cable, Onshore, Electrical, Design Engineering, Renewables.
Our company is a leading consultancy who have frameworks with leading developers of offshore windfarms. We have asked Airswift to handle the recruitment on our behalf to fill these Senior Electrical Engineer roles. These positions are on the Codling offshore wind farm, and this project is a joint venture between Fred Olsen and EDF.
Prepare and update of Electrical deliverables. The candidate will have experience in Onshore Substations, HV Cable Routing, Offshore Windfarms and Power Generation from Renewables in General. Capable of contributing to many areas as part of a small project team. Capable of originating documentation and working without supervision and with minimal external input. Incline to mentor and deliver within time and schedule. To supervise and lead other team members.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Engineering Design of 275/400 kV Onshore Substation and Cable Routing, Offshore Windfarm, including but not limited to Offshore Substations, Inter-Array Cables and Export Cables. Construction and Installation oriented.
- Assess and Identify the requirements for grid connection.
- Coordinate engineering activities with other interested parties.
- Represent our company with Clients on technical matters.
- Prepare and update technical specifications.
- Prepare and issue reports on electrical design.
- Prepare and issue Enquiry Documentation.
- Technical Bid analysis of electrical equipment and materials.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs).
- Assist with the preparation of budget estimates (materials and man-hours).
- Review Project Documents produced by third parties.
- Direct and lead other junior engineers and designers as required
Safety and Environmental Related Tasks:
- Responsible for SHEQ activities
- Leading by example to maintain a strong SHEQ culture through visible safety leadership.
- Ensure the implementation of adequate Health, Safety and Environmental work practices, procedures and methods to meet all statutory requirements and the Company SHEQ Management System.
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Commercial awareness
- Detail conscientious
- Strong work ethic
- Leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Team player, self-starter.
- Strong IT literacy
- Flexible to travel in UK and Overseas
- Detail Conscientious
- Leadership experience
- Good report and procedure writing skills
- Good ability to work own initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude
Candidates must be Degree qualified and Chartered engineer, registered with an Engineering Council or equivalent.
275/400 kV Onshore Substation and HV Cable Routing experience is mandatory, Offshore Windfarms and Offshore Substations for Windfarms is highly desired.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Amy Spink.