Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client, a global oil & gas operator, require a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team based in Perth, for an initial 12 month contract role
As a Senior Electrical Engineer for the project you will be responsible for supporting the onshore brownfield project delivery team through the execution phase, including detailed design through start-up.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Member of the project team responsible for Perth based engineering support with primary focus on all onshore electrical design engineering scope of the offhsore project reporting to the Electrical Package Lead.
- Work closely with the Electrical Package Lead and interface with other disciplines to ensure design quality and successful outcomes, including interfacing with discipline SMEs and/or TAs to address complex issues or specification compliance queries.
- Ensure that electrical designs for the onshore facilities meets BU specifications and applicable Codes/Standards. The role will undertake, including assurance of such when developed by 3rd Parties/Engineering Contractor.
- Commits to and champions the development and implementation of a safe working environment for everyone on the project and the continuing establishment of an incident and injury free culture.
- Liaise as required with other discipline engineers, site based Electrical maintenance/operation team, project and operation support team, HESQ, Logistics, QA/QC, Construction, contracts et al. for day-to-day issues and support.
- Report to the Electrical Package Lead with technical issues, options and suggested resolutions to any engineering issues, vendor related issues.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 15 years’ working experience with Oil & Gas, or similar industry, required.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Previous brownfield and high voltage distribution system engineering and design is essential.
- A strong working knowledge of the related engineering disciplines such as mechanical, civil / structural, and instrumentation is beneficial.
- The following skills will be advantageous for the candidate:
- Experience in design and operational support of high voltage power systems associated with LNG production facilities.
- Specific experience with 132kV GIS design, Power and Distribution Transformers, MV/LV switchgears, MV Emergency Diesel Generators, Power Management System PMS), Substation building design and integration, HV/MV/LV Power cables design and installation in a brownfield environment.
- Construction engineering and commissioning experience with installation and commissioning of HV (Up to 132kV rating) GIS equipment and associated services.
- Experience with protection coordination of HV/MV/LV power distribution network.
- Experience with electrical power system studies including load flow, short circuit, transient stability.
- Greenfield and Brownfield experience with Power Management system - SCADA and PowerMax (Generator control and Load Shedding), preferably with SEL (Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories) system.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply simply press the ‘Apply’