Location – Perth, WA
Duration – 12 Month Contract
About the role
Our tier 1 EPCM client is seeking 2 x Senior Electrical Designers for a Perth based role on a 12 month contract.
- Deliver discipline specific design and drafting services that meet our clients, its customers and applicable Australian statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Perform discipline specific design and drafting services such as:
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes to scope comply with project change management processes;
- Interpret and interface vendor equipment and/or third-party design documents into project design;
- Check drawings and documentation are fit for the purpose they are intended and for conformity with the project scope;
- Ensure all drawings and documents are checked in accordance with our clients checking procedures; and
- Participate in project reviews as required.
- Undertake design and drafting assignments in line with projects requirements on time and within budget, report to the overall Discipline Lead/Project Manager.
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of our clients design systems, processes, practices and procedures.
- Ability to undertake discipline lead roles across multiple sustaining capital projects or a major project and ensure that:
- Deliverables meet project and client requirements;
- Overall technical integrity of deliverables meet quality expectations; and
- Design is fit for purpose.
- Initiate, manage and supervise, design and drafting assignments with the Workshare team and any designers on the head office project team; manage coordination on a regular basis as required to effectively undertake the design
- Assist in scoping requirements and estimating design budget for proposals in response to requests for quotations for clients with the Bid Mangers and Lead Engineers.
- Communicate effectively with the project team, project lead, workshare team, other disciplines regarding all electrical discipline matters and consider interdisciplinary design interfaces.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with relevant stakeholders which may include vendors, clients, workshare team and project team.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the project scope, our clients and their customers’ requirements.
- Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Proven skillset in utilizing the following software and tools:
- Microstation Connect Edition 2D and 3D (similar to V8i);
- Microsoft Office, excel; and
- CAD conforming tools (or similar).
- Competent in 3D drafting to produce layouts in particular cable ladder, equipment and lighting layouts
- More than 10 years in engineering design in the minerals, metals, mining and/or Bulk Material Handling industries
- Rio Tinto/BHP experience or similar highly preferred
- Good understanding of Australian electrical standards.
- Experience in conceptual and detailed design of equipment and installations.
- Experience in Brownfield electrical systems modifications.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Effectively interface with other disciplines to ensure fit for purpose design.
- Good understanding of control systems interfacing.
- Able to interpret vendor drawings based on European standards and translate to Client Format.
- Able to interpret/ as build drawings based on site photos and follow through on all related deliverables.
- Proven experience in creating electrical deliverables such as:
- Single line diagrams – HV and LV
- Three-line Diagrams
- Schematics for panels such as incomers, feeders, VSDs and motor starters
- Profiles of electrical layouts from 3D to 2D
- Cable schedules
- Material take-offs
- Electrical equipment and lighting layouts
- Switchroom layouts
- Earthing layouts
- Earthing diagrams
- Key interlocking diagrams
- Primary and secondary schematics
- Termination diagrams
- Panel general arrangements
- Remote I/O distribution systems
- Primary and secondary system design
- Exposure to ProjectWise
- Exposure to Aconex
COVID Vaccine Mandates apply for these roles
Please apply direct through the link or send your CV to Patrick Chick on email@example.com.