Our client is a top-class EPCM consultancy with an enviable reputation for maintaining high standards in their delivery of a broad scope services within the Australian mining market.
They have built a very successful national business off the back of delivering a very high standard of work and sit amongst the tier 1 EPCM giants within mining.
The business has a culture based around connecting teams of talented, high-performance people to deliver major cutting-edge projects across their chosen markets.
Location – Perth, WA
Duration – 12 Month initial contract
Due to growth within their electrical design division in Perth, they are currently searching for an experienced Senior Electrical Designer to work on an iron ore mine expansion project.
Reporting into the Lead E&I Engineer, this role will assist in the design process and representation of design deliverables in collaboration with the project design drafting team and electrical engineers.
- Produce compliant design drawings including:
- Single Line Drawings
- Schematics, electrical and control design
- General arrangements
- Ensure designs are completed to a high standard, in a timely manner
- Interpret and review electrical schematics
- Assist Engineers with drawings for solutions to challenging design situations
- Plan and control the work assigned to the E&I design team comprising E&I designers proficient in the use of 3D modelling, AutoCAD and Microstation
- Where required, Provides day to day supervision of the E&I design team and takes responsibility for the provision of deliverables to schedule.
- Australian recognized electrical design qualification – Advanced Diploma, Diploma or Associate Degree
- 5 - 8 years Electrical Design/Drafting experience
- AutoCAD and MicroStation software exposure
- Experience with Revit or Navisworks
- Knowledge of SQL programming
- Understanding of AS/NZS 3000, AS2067, AS3008 and other Australian Standards and Regulations
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs, PFDs and Electrical and Instrument control packages/drawings
- Exposure to Mining and Minerals projects
- Strong communication, autonomy and a team player attitude
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply simply press the ‘Apply’ button. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further information please contact Patrick Chick via +61 8 6146 4363 or email@example.com