Senior Drilling Engineer – St John’s, NL
Our client is seeking a Senior Drilling Engineer to work within their facilities located in St John’s, NL, for a 18-month assignment.
Responsible for the provision of engineering expertise on the design, planning and execution of drilling activities, supporting drilling operations through technical leadership, and conducting activities in compliance with functional processes and policies and external local regulations.
- Provides advanced Offshore Newfoundland and Labrador engineering experience and expertise needed for well design, well planning, and preparation of drilling programmes to safely and compliantly meet the well objectives.
- Support oversight of well design, permitting, and operations to assure compliance with local regulations and conformance with BP standards.
- Well-specific Risk Register development including completeness and relevant preventions / mitigations. Facilitate an effective discussion of risks, preventions, and mitigations during procedural reviews
- Supports wells team in the execution of well operations by delivering high-level drilling engineering leadership, support and assurance during operations.
- Uses expertise to challenge current standards where appropriate.
- Responsible for identifying and recommending management of change (MOCs) or deviations if needed.
- Proactively identifies and shares global and Offshore Newfoundland and Labrador learnings through close collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders and develops themes/trends from issues and incidents.
- Ensures personal and team compliance with the BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and exemplary leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- Well Control Certification Combined Supervisor IADC or IWCF.
- Licensed Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Bachelor of Science Engineering degree; or qualified science discipline.
- Track record of leading Offshore Newfoundland and Labrador engineering design and operations and capable of providing standalone support.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.