Our Client an International Oil & Gas Operating Company are looking for Senior Drilling & Completion Supervisor to be based onshore, Mozambique.
Purpose of the Position
The DCSI is part of the clients field leadership team with direct responsibility for ensuring that all drilling, completion and workover activities are conducted in a safe, technically competent, efficient and environmentally responsible manner. Responsible for in-field management of Drilling and Completion personnel, service companies, Drilling Contractor and operations. The purpose of this and all Well Delivery roles is to Safely Deliver Quality wells and to personally contribute to Mozambique skills transfer.
- Actively and visibly lead creation and maintenance of a safe working culture through the +People programme, ensuring compliance with clients and drilling contractor safety systems
- Ensure all operations are conducted in the best interest of the client and in compliance with standards and legislative requirements
- Ensure safe delivery of quality wells: in time and in budget, meeting the agreed objectives and quality criteria
- Lead by example in establishing and maintaining One Team culture. Facilitate and ensure close collaboration and communication between clients personnel at all field and office locations and between the client, drilling contractor and service company personnel.
- Lead development of SHE plans and ensure execution of operations in accordance with clients Zero Harm Policy and Life Saving Rules
- Contract Representative for Drilling Rig, responsible for management of SHE and Operational performance and costs
- Manage and support Senior Drilling and Completion Supervisor to ensure effective supervision of all rig-site operations
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and comprehensive operational reports and data
- Lead SHE performance monitoring and continual improvement, support delivery of SHE Assurance Plan and reporting of all incidents and quality investigations in a timely manner and in accordance with clients requirements
- Lead by example in driving performance culture, continuously assessing operational efficiency, identifying and sharing best practices, improvement opportunities and lessons learnt
- Steward and verify Service Provider’s performance and continual improvement ensuring knowledge and performance management processes are followed, including advance planning meetings, after action reviews and lessons learnt
- Review operational programs with the rig, field and London office teams as required. ·
- Collaborate with Logistics Superintendent to ensure the timely arrival of all equipment and services
- Ensure coaching and development of all personnel including Trainees and Engineers in Training
- Minimum 15 years of international experience in drilling and completions supervision
- Experience with land rig and remote location operations, horizontal drilling, sand screen completions and workover operations
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Engineering
- Valid Well Control Certificate (Supervisor Level 4 – Surface) required. Advanced well control training beneficial.
- Management of Major Emergencies or similar Emergency Response Training