Our client, a midstream company, is seeking a Senior Development Engineer to work in Calgary, AB
The senior development engineer is accountable for the project development activities associated with modification, expansion, operability, reliability, and integrity of existing facilities
- Work in a team of development engineers to drive innovate, fit-for-purpose, development of projects in support of business drivers that protect and/or enhance pipeline throughput and revenue, often providing options that permit customer flexibility and choice.
- Manage and engage with various stakeholders (integrity, operations, engineering, etc.). Ensure preliminary determination of regulatory requirements; and completion of front-end engineering and designs, cost estimates, and project execution strategies are developed.
- Develop realistic and reliable project schedules based on key stakeholder data such as long lead, permitting, engineering, and other timelines. Develop cost estimates for capital and operation projects, while appropriately defining risks, uncertainties, and opportunities. Application of knowledge, experience and expert resources, to ensure schedules and cost estimates are appropriate for the project scope and risk profile.
- Project scopes include but are not limited to: crossings, depth of cover, abandonments, facility modifications, digs, line pressure regulation, expansions, etc.
- Provide regular formal and informal project management reporting to Senior Management and stakeholders on assigned projects.
- Oversee technical activities such as preliminary engineering activities, scope development, cost estimation, schedule development, risk assessment, and economic analysis.
- After project approval, lead an effective transition from the development phase to the execution phase. Ensure that the knowledge of decisions, assumptions and execution plans made during the development phase are accurately understood and applied in the execution phase (particularly detailed design).
- Ensure compliance with internal project development procedures, Project Governance and Lifecycle Process (PLGC) process, and engineering design standards, as well as providing recommendations for improvements for these.
- A professional engineer from an accredited engineering program with a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in the energy sector focused on engineering, operations and/ or development engineering.
- Experience in design, project execution, and/or operations of natural gas pipelines and facilities.
- Excellent project management, conflict resolution, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven communicator in diverse and complex team environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the energy sector focused on engineering, operations and/ or development engineering.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of AACE and PMI best practices in estimating and project management.