Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry
Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer to work within their facilities located in Grimsby.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Provide Instrument Engineering services for a Main Service Agreement for a Client located in Saltend.
- Work activities for both projects and proposals will be executed across all phases of projects including Conceptual Studies; Basic; FEED; Detailed Design; Procurement through to Commissioning.
- Projects and proposals are for process plant and facilities across the Chemical; Oil and Gas; and Power sectors
- Project work will include development of Instrument Engineering deliverables as required on a project by project basis
- Project work as the functional Lead Engineer for projects as required by the C&I Group Manager, or a Senior Engineer on a large project reporting to the lead Instrument Engineer
Assist the C&I Group Manager in:
- Developing corporate procedures, standards, specifications and the required design tools for compliance with the SHE policy and efficient execution of production work
- Defining the Development and Training needs for the discipline, support graduate and young Engineer / designer development
Previous education and experience required:
- 8+ years’ experience of Instrument Engineering on Medium / Large capital projects from concept to start-up.
- Competent of working within the C&I Discipline of a contracting organisation.
- Competent to Lead the C&I Discipline on Small Projects
- Degree qualified for the related discipline
- Have or are working towards Chartered Engineer status as a Member of the Institute of Measurement and Control (IMC) or Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Proven ability for equipment specification and selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC contracting organization.
- Competent in project execution using selected design tools and techniques.
- Competent for budget & Schedule control / monitoring and reporting
- Competent in design safety, constructability,
- To be able to work to Company standards
- Innovative when appropriate.
- Competent in Electrical protection methodologies.
- Competent in Specification, technical bid analysis and requisitioning of Field Instrumentation and Analysers.
- Competent in the application, specification and requisitioning of DCS, PLC, and SIS systems, with experience of the system full lifecycle
- Competent in the Specification / Design / Implementation of Hazardous Area Instrumentation (ATEX).
- Site Surveys experience
- Competent in Instrumentation and Control requirements for Mechanical packages.
- Competent in Sizing of flow devices / control valves / relief devices.
- Competent in P&ID development.
- Automation and Control life cycle activities
- Safety System life cycle activities
- Fire & Gas systems
- Familiarity with exSILentia software package preferred
- Experience of working with global integrated delivery teams is preferred
- CompEx qualified