Airswift has been tasked to recruit for a Senior Contracts Negotiator to work in Brussels, Belgium for a global oil & gas E&P. This is a permanent opportunity starting as soon as possible:
Supporting the EGEM business through the management of the counterparty on-boarding process. This will include the drafting, negotiation and execution of industry standard trading agreements such as EFET, ISDA, MNA and CSA, as well as bespoke agreements.
MAIN JOB FUNCTION
The primary responsibility of the job holder will be assisting EGEM’ with the following:
- Negotiation of trade and other related contracts;
- interfacing with the relevant business units;
- corresponding with external counterparties.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
The main duties and responsibilities of the job holder are:
- Drafting and negotiating industry standard trade contracts for physically and financially settled energy commodity trading, such as EFET, ISDA, CSA CPMNA and other and bespoke documents, such as Brokerage Agreements and Regulatory Reporting Agreements;
- Interfacing with the relevant business units at EGEM, i.e. Credit & KYC, Legal, Commercial, Tax, Regulatory;
- corresponding with external counterparties;
- preparing contractual documents, letters and notes;
- preparing briefing notes and approval forms in association with contractual negotiations;
- reviewing and monitoring contractual compliance;
- general administration and document management through the life circle of contracts.
- attending commercial contracts priority meetings;
You will have the following internal interfaces within EGEM structure:
- Trading Managers and Traders;
- Credit & KYC;
- Back Office;
External interfaces - as determined by the business.
- university qualified and studies in energy or more specifically oil and gas would be beneficial;
- extensive experience in a similar role;
- work experience within the energy industry and trading business;
- understanding of European power, gas and carbon market, gained in a similar role within an energy trading company;
- excellent understanding of and experience drafting and negotiating general framework agreements used in the European energy trading world;
- knowledge and exposure to understanding of the compliance trading policies and procedures; understanding of the latest developments in the energy trading compliance arena and regulations;
- knowledge of management techniques for the commodity energy industry;
- excellent attention to detail;
- commercially aware and customer facing;
- a proven team player
- analytical mind and thorough;
- highly motivated;
- well organized and have proactive approach to problem solving;
- proven ability to meet tight deadlines and work autonomously as well as collaboratively with the team;
- excellent communication and strong negotiation and influencing skills;
- ability to build and develop the relationships with the business client and external customers;
- good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- full command of English (written and spoken) language and knowledge of Italian will be beneficial.
CONTRACT & REMUNERATION
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and skill sets.