Our Client an International Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for a Senior Contract Engineer to be based on site in Afungi, Mozambique. The role will be offered on a Rotational Basis with a 28 day on / 28 day off rotation, long term contract, travel and accommodation along with a negotiable daily rate.
As Senior Contract Engineer you’ll administer the tendering process during FEED & EPC CFT to ensure the “due process” is respected and timely progress is achieved, including preparation and issuance of communication documentation with Tenderers, organisation of tender clarification meetings, organisation of tender correspondence, update of a register and filing, etc.:
- Prepare the Call for Tender documentation and specific Tender and Tender Evaluation Procedures in line with Project and Company procedures.
- Ensure consistency in various contract documentations and deliverables and ITT documents
- Liaise with the relevant Packages Manager(s) in Charge on technical issues (DUET) to ensure that these are adequately incorporated into the tender process.
- Collaborate with various cross departments to ensure timely CFT preparation and readiness
- Manage, monitor and control (in liaison with C&P entity) all required contractual process for CFT, ensure that all recommendations are made as per the best contractual and commercial terms
- Ensure Project team are kept up to date with tender progress and developments, obtain any necessary attendance at meetings and obtain all necessary approvals.
- Prepare clarification meetings with potential bidders during various stage of CFT
- Actively report CFT progress and advise on potential delays, put forward suggestions for improvements in cost and schedule
- Validate Tenderer compliance with Bank Guarantee, Parent Company Guarantee requirements, Insurances and the like.
- Evaluate contractual proposals and assist in evaluation of technical and commercial proposals where applicable.
- Assist in the preparation of the Tender Recommendation Report and the Recommendation to Award.
- Prepare and participate to the contract committee.
- Ideally have a Diploma or Degree in a relevant subject
- Experience as a Contract Engineer on a large multi-billion dollar Greenfield project would be beneficial
- Advanced level in Contracts technical Competencies required
- C&P tools advanced certification required (SAP/UNSIOL)