Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Lead Commissioning Engineer – Electrical to work within their facilities located in Singapore & China for an initial 2-year contract.
- To independently plan and organize Commissioning and Start-up activities based on a good understanding of the company’s procedures, project contract, specifications, documents, drawings, codes and vendor documents. To lead a team of engineers to successfully develop & issue MC & Commissioning deliverables in line with the project commissioning execution plan and corporate procedures while being compliant with the stringent project schedule; and
- To lead a Commissioning execution team on site through the discipline supervisors to successfully perform the previous planned pre-commissioning and commissioning activities being compliant with HSE Plan, overall project schedule, Company procedures and contract
- Plans and engages the Commissioning Manager to provide inputs regarding the organization of manpower resources and deployment schedule, considering the current workload and resource availability.
- Management of preservation for Instrumentation & Control equipment and item, through the Company preservation team, in order to feed the preservation system, keeping the equipment ready for completions and providing the proper reports.
- Follow up the Instrumentation & Control Equipment MC, managing the P&CMS System and clearing the outstanding items, finalizing the Instrumentation & Control systems ready for commissioning. These Instrumentation & Control systems include Process Control System, Safety Instrumented System, Addressable Fire Detection System, Vibration & Conditioning Monitoring System, among others, for both Marine and Topsides areas, and all related instruments, transmitters, analyzers, detectors, gauges, control valves, etc.
- Commissioning of Instrumentation & Control Systems, Functional tests and system certification with Class Society (DNV, ABS, LOYD, BV, etc.)
- Reviews the commissioning deliverables developed such as commissioning execution plan, commissioning core test plan, and PTW/LUN/LOTO procedures, to ensure compliance with the overall commissioning execution plan and project timelines regarding all the Instrumentation & Control System SoW.
- Participates in meetings with the project team to review progress and addresses interface/implementation/execution issues where necessary based on the department’s procedures, practices and lessons learnt from past projects to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Independently deals with regulatory authority, class, vendors and clients with regards to comments or queries on completions engineering deliverables and develops technical/engineering solutions to the issues raised. 2.8 Reviews and monitors the project progress through progress reports prepared by the completions team members against the project team’s requirements in order to anticipate changes in planned manpower loading and where necessary, requests for manpower adjustment in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance to site execution team by providing technical clarifications and manages requests for updates of commissioning deliverables in order to ensure that the commissioning objectives can be achieved as per requirements.
- Leads site execution team on performing pre-commissioning and commissioning activities planned for the Instrumentation & Control systems, managing the interfaces with Construction and Pre-Operations teams, ensuring adherence to yard and company PTW systems.
- Ensures keeping systems/sub-systems already commissioned in operation with proper skilled workers, prior to handover to Pre-Operations team.
- Reviews and monitors the inputs to MIMS-Knowledge Database, so as to direct the junior Commissioning Engineers concerned to close out MIMS actions and prepares the lessons learnt.
- Guides the junior staff to understand the technical and project required functions through discussions or knowledge sharing sessions in the light of the Company’s standards, procedures and engineering requirements.
- Plans and carries out audits of procedures, safety practices and documentation/records on the department and site execution team to ensure compliance and, identify gaps and training enhancement requirements of team members.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with relevant years of working experience.
- Min 10 years and above of relevant working experience in commissioning in oil and gas sector. Comprehensive knowledge on functionality of FPSO, focus in Electrical Equipment (High Voltage power generation, HV/LV Switchgear controls and Power management system)
- Having a good level of English proficiency.