Airswift is seeking a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer to work on a 6+ months assignment on the construction of a Resettlement Village in Afungi, Cabo Delgado, Mozambique for a major multinational Engineering Services Company.
- 28 Days on duty/ 28 Days off duty (in normal conditions); and
- 42 Days on duty/ 28 Days off duty, including compulsory quarantine between 7 to 10 days in a Hotel in Maputo before departure to site (whilst the Covid-19 preventative measures to enter the site remain in force).
- Review and comment Contractor’s Inspection and Testing Plans (ITP’s);
- Sign-off the construction site diary for onsite inspections and tests identified in the ITP’s;
- Attend the final inspections for the user and operating licenses (walkdowns);
- Facilitate the review of proposed design changes by the Consultant’s home office, and inspect the implementation of approved design changes as required for certification;
- Assist the home office with site information to reply to Technical Queries raised by both the Contractor and the Company;
- Assist the Company with the interpretation of the design drawings, standards
- and specifications;
- Advise the home office of any changes on site that may affect the design
- drawings issued for construction;
- Perform post-construction inspections as and when required by the Company;
- Review the as-built drawings issued by the Contractor.
- Civil Engineer with at least 12 years’ experience in the supervision of works of similar size;
- Sound knowledge and experience in quality control, measurements and tests, progress reports and structural calculations;
- Shall be able to review and agree civil/ structural field design change at site;
- Registered as a Civil Engineer with the Ministry of Public Works, Housing and Water Resources and the Mozambican Association of Engineers (Ordem);
- Must be able to read, speak and write in Portuguese and English;
- In-depth knowledge of civil engineering and construction specifications, standards, and codes used in Mozambique and South Africa;
- Proficiency in civil engineering design software, such as CAD;
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.