Airswift are thrilled to represent a multi-disciplinary international design & engineering firm, who are looking for an experienced Senior CAD Technician to join their team.
This exciting company are involved with major engineering and construction projects globally and have been involved in many of the world’s pioneering civil infrastructure projects.
Role: Senior CAD Technician
Project: HS2 (bridge design and construction)
Salary: Highly negotiable
Key Role Responsibilities
- Undertake work in 2D design (surface modelling), or 3D design (solid modelling).
- Create 3D displays of structures for engineers or clients to take 'virtual tours' or identify clash detection.
- Use designs to help prepare cost estimates on projects.
- You will work in a small but growing team in a senior position preparing dimensional drawings, construction drawings and more complex drawings. Revising and updating existing drawings, and design changes, in collaboration with your team, and other external parties to ensure consistent documentation of the project.
- Review plans, specifications and other documentation and maintain notes for future reference.
- Establish filing guidelines for drawings to maintain up-to-date drawings.
- Adopt procedures for standardisation of work products and deliverables, and peer review to ensure consistency.
Candidate must have:
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Strong experience using 2D & 3D CAD.
- Strong experience using MicroStation software.
- Experience working on bridge projects.
- Experience with RC & Revit would be a bonus.