Located out of our Calgary office, the individual in the Senior Analyst, Commodity Risk Management role will report to the Manager, Commodity Risk Management. The successful candidate will support the daily management of commodity risk management activities. This position will also assist with the development and ongoing operation of a dedicated Middle Office function and ETRM system to support marketing and hedging activities.
- A financial professional with a degree in finance, economics, or mathematics
- Designation would be preferred: CFA/FRM/ERP
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Experience with ETRM systems, preference for Openlink Endur
- Advanced user of Excel; beneficial to have experience with PowerBI and SQL; experience with python and/or VBA also desirable.
- Highly analytical, detail oriented, strong experience with report development for marketing activities
- Experienced responding to inquiries
- Excellent communication and teaching skills (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal and presentation skills
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Develop deep understanding of commodity exposures, future strategies and prevailing market fundamentals
- Support late stages of an ETRM system implementation, and the ongoing operation of it.
- Become subject matter expert on ETRM system for areas of transaction oversight, valuation, reporting/analytics
- Assist with the advancement of the Middle Office function to support marketing and hedging activities
- Design, deliver and operate insightful reporting and analytics that assist decisions via Business Intelligence tools, including the daily risk reporting of exposures and MtM
- Hedging oversight support, including MtM calculation, invoice reconciliation and accounting elements
- Ongoing responsibilities for the corporate price database, including oversight of data retrieval processes
- Familiarity with industry-standard risk tools and methodologies for market risk
- Ongoing daily administration which may include risk reporting, deal confirmations, training, configuration, data upload, control oversight and user permissions